cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the CEO of PlusNET really have no influence over his suppliers "by rules"?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Does the CEO of PlusNET really have no influence over his suppliers "by rules"?

Cheers Matty,
I understand the rock and a hard place.  I understand that what we see on the forums are predominantly the bad cases.  I know only too well that PlusNet has plenty of its own failings too.
Everyone knows that BTw/BTOR are badly letting down their ISP/CP customers - I am at present dealing with the consequence of the same.  I called the business support desk this morning for an update on a BT survey - expected a date to be given today or tomorrow - and was advised BT have not provided and update to the escalation raised over a week ago (beyond moving the date for a date until Tuesday).
Later to day I went to the client site to learn that BT Survey had just turned up unannounced, in spite of being given instructions to call me before attending.  Now I look stupid in front of my client - why because BT cannot be bothered to communicate, to keep PlusNet informed sufficiently to inform me.
I have no beef over PlusNet people on the ground over such matters.  I do have issues if it is the case that PlusNet management are not dealing with these systematic issues and more so are inhibited from doing so because of shared group ownership.
I think it tells an interesting story that you are not even able to say that "X of grade Y in PlusNet talks N-weekly to A of grade B in BT with the objective of resolving key issues within 2 months".  That might at least suggest someone is actually trying to sort things.  The neutral answers your are offering (being handed down to you?) actually creates the impression that beyond the day by day repeated battles over the same failures being had by CRT, KS (business) et al, nothing is actually happening to make the world better.
As I have always said, I would be delighted to be proved wrong by any example of systematic issues having being eliminated through the clout of the CEO office in the light of the continued occurrence of the same old issues.  Lips_are_sealed
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Does the CEO of PlusNET really have no influence over his suppliers "by rules"?

I kind of have to wonder if any of those Kelly Comms people happened to realise or were told that MattyC works for an ISP, and then funnily enough the Kellys Comms people decided they'd better do their jobs properly and won't be able to get away with saying any load of rubbish.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Nice thought ejs.  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@ejs - It would be flattering on my part to think that! They didn't know. I didn't want them to know as I wanted a little further customer insight. I sat with my colleague whilst he placed the order to be sure he didn't write anything in the engineer notes. Wink
Quote from: Townman
I think it tells an interesting story that you are not even able to say that "X of grade Y in PlusNet talks N-weekly to A of grade B in BT with the objective of resolving key issues within 2 months".  That might at least suggest someone is actually trying to sort things.  The neutral answers your are offering (being handed down to you?) actually creates the impression that beyond the day by day repeated battles over the same failures being had by CRT, KS (business) et al, nothing is actually happening to make the world better.

This will probably be the last thing I say in this thread, but that does happen. We have internal teams that work with the supplier on a regular basis for the interest of business improvement. They attend industry forums, conference calls, we have contact with technical support officers from both Wholesale and Openreach, etc.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet