Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does openreach tell fibs to plusnet

jorvikmik
Grafter

Does openreach tell fibs to plusnet

Engineer Notes
Crawford This line had been p roven good to the ex change fault not at exchange fault on is land Feds via radio link
After over three weeks waiting for a repair which openreach did on neighbours phone that went faulty at the same time in 2 days. They posted the above just after the line had been fixed and they definitely didn't visit the island to do any repairs.
Spoken to folk on the mainland using other providers than BT who also say that they are finding BT customers appear to take precedence, with one talk-talk customer who waited 5 weeks with a broadband fault yet a relative on BT had her phone line repaired in 48 hours.
Plusnet have 5 out of 10 customers on the island and currently 2 have waited a week for openreach to sort out the faults whilst BT customers are all up and running.
One customer is reluctantly going to BT as she relies on her phone for medical reasons but sees no other choice due to the free faulty line free call transfers they offer.
Second customer is waiting whilst we get feedback from a local forum to confirm the repairs position with BT. Meantime she has to call daily to use our broadband to get her emails
We are not too bad as we have two accounts and one has internet working ok which we are currently sharing whilst waiting for repairs but are thinking of swapping the other line to BT with the idea that hopefully at least one will be kept working.
The fifth plusnet customer hardly uses her account so is staying with plusnet.
No complaints with Plusnet as the customer service have done their best to get the problem sorted out and we will definitely keep one of our accounts which has given good service for the last 8 years.
No problem with the local BT openreach engineers either as they do their best but are just being given far more work than they can manage.

4 REPLIES 4
Lakin
Dabbler

Re: Does openreach tell fibs to plusnet

Yes they do.
Going by the experience where I live (also on an island where everyone knows everybody else's business - nowhere to hide).
jorvikmik
Grafter

Still waiting for openreach but happy that plusnet are doing everything possible to rectify the problem.
After being asked to phone bt for the elderly lady looking to transfer her phone to make sure they took her line rental only and then speaking to a bt agent who seemed to be struggling to understand what was wanted I advised her to stay with plusnet.
She cannot cope with sorting out anything to do with phones, computer & tv etc so she would definitely be hard pushed with talking to the bt call centre.
Lets just hope that there is a change to the bt openreach situation
dick:green Excessive white space removed.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Do suppliers lie to customers????
What do you think.............
Anon
Pro

When the engineer  has been don' t hold your breath for PN t o jump into action. I had an engineer on time on date on Tuesday the earliest I could manage from having done tests and it is now Thursday and NOT A PEEP FROM PN, it is as though the engineer had never visited. Perhaps it was a figment of my imagination. Shocked
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.