cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

rossfinlay

Re: Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

I'm the same, I've heard terrible things about plusnet. However, my own personal experience from the get go has been impeccable. I had issues with another provider and left them after they cut my broadband (completely unannounced). Since then, I have been in contact with regards to issues and have received customer service better than I ever expected. So I can side with plusnet and say I'm a very happy customer.

quickbrew
Rising Star

Wishing you well.

Please keep us posted. Smiley

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
quickbrew
Rising Star

Hi Dabbler,

Hope things are moving in the right direction for you.

When I signed in to the Plusnet homepage today a "will you take a survey" dialogue box popped up.

As usual they asked for comments so this is what I included.

"

I am a new customer awaiting my service activation. I am now very concerned about all the negative Plusnet reviews I find when I search Google.
I have also browsed the Plusnet faults Facebook page and am not at all impressed with page upon page of warnings about the the problems so many people seem to be suffering with Plusnet. I hope I have not made a mistake!

I have joined the Plusnet community forum and befriended another new Plusnet client who is not experiencing the service he expected from the advertising literature and claims made by Plusnet and is unable to contact Plusnet on his mobile due to cost implications of the advised 15 minute wait for an operator!

He also informs me that the advised use of the Plusnet online Help Chatline does not appear to work with mobile phones!

I am not one to prejudge a service provider but the way that Plusnet have worded their cancellation terms and charges regarding options within the first 14 days since 'signing up' with them appears to attempt to excludes customers rights after 14 days after signing up, which apparently in many cases exceeds the period before the services actually go live - whereby the contract 'must deliver' what it claims to provide - consequently if I find the service does not meet advised contract conditions within the first 14 days of 'actual use' and therefore I wish to cancel due to breach of contact by Plusnet and wherefore Plusnet attempt unfair enforcement of cancellation fees and non refunding of charges, I would not hesitate to challenge this in the courts.

So lets hope that the commercial claims made by Plusnet are actually met by their provision otherwise my review will not be so constrained."

DC1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi quickbrew. Your moral support very much appreciated. Gave up and endured the 15 minute wait to get through on my mobile. Lady said the system was showing "Delay" so she'd put me through to "Distribution" to find out why. "Put me through" turned out to mean put me in another queue for another 15 minutes. Lady in "Distribution" said the system was showing "Delay" and that she'd have to call "The suppliers". Promised to call me back. Eventually did, telling me the problem was that there was no available jumper port for me at my local cabinet and it was going to take 48 hours to get one. Shouted at her for a while saying I couldn't tolerate not having even a phone line for 2 days let alone no broadband. She said Sky shouldn't have cut off my phone because Plusnet system had shown "Delay" so I should get Sky to switch my phone back on. Shouted at her some more saying she should do that. No we can't she said, you have to do it. Then she put me on hold. Then she came back and said no, actually Sky won't agree to put me back on even if I ask because it's Plusnet's fault not theirs. Why, I ask, didn't you establish whether there was an available port for me at the cabinet when you accepted my application and scheduled it for today? Because, she said, there is no way of knowing until the day whether a port will be available. I shouted the question: do you think if you had said to me "We hope we'll be able to connect you that day but we're not sure, and if we can't you might be without a phone for a few days" that there would have been a cat-in-hell's chance of my giving you the contract? ". Apologises. Says I"ll be given one month's free broadband (if I ever get it!) and says she will chase to try to get it done in one day not two and promises to keep phoning me to report progress. I hang up. One minute later my phone line comes back on. Fifteen minutes later the lady calls me on it; good news is your phones working she says; bad news is it's going to be five days before you get broadband not one or two. No ports available in the cabinet, not just for Plusnet but for anyone! Still insists that ports were available at the time they accepted my application and that there was no way Plusnet could have found out before today that they no longer were. The truth would seem to be that Plusnet have a policy of relying on BT to warn them, not bothering to check, and then blaming BT. I shout a lot more about the potentially very serious consequences for my household having no internet connection for five days. She increases compensation offer to two months' free broadband. Hoarse from shouting I hang up. Incompetence on this scale is just breathtaking.
Anon
Pro

Sorry for the mess they have made and the issue you find yourself with. I had a friend who was with Pnet and his line was out for 14 days!

I have to say nothing surprises me about what this company does not check with the result the customer is given a migraine.

Do tell your friends and stop them making the same mistake all of us on a long contract with this bunch have already made.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
quickbrew
Rising Star

Hi Dabbler,

So sorry to hear about your difficulties.
Unfortunately, the lack of ports excuse appears in many of the Plusnet comments in response to anger on the 'Plusnet faults' Facebook page - so no points for originality there as I've quite literally have seen/heard it all before.

Not much help to you I suspose but a couple of thoughts crossed my mind. You mentioned in an earlier post you have a laptop. Can you tether to your mobile phone by creating a Wifi hotspot with it?

If you can then you can at least use the Plusnet Helpline Chat service on your laptop.
If you can't tether as I suggest then have you thought of when using your mobile phone on Plusnet's web pages and whilst there go to your browser settings to see if there is an option to ask to use Desktop version. If you can change to Desktop view then again you might be able to use the help chatline. Problem with this though is the font is usually very small on a mobile phone.

I have been checking my communications on the matter and now upon more careful study realise that nowhere has Plusnet actually said that my service with them will likely be a seamless transition from Sky to PN. In fact a letter I received from Sky actually tells me my services with them will cease on 14 Feb but nowhere do either of them say I will have a swift change over.

I am a pragmatist and am prepared to accept that problems can occur but unfortunately it does seem lots of people are having problems before and during their PN contract.

I am almost 70 and a disabled pensioner and an original Grumpy old man who will not take problems lying down. I do not shout as I dont need to in order to take ISP's to task, in fact I honestly think Sky will be glad to see the back of me as I had always kept them on a tight leash contractually.

Unfortunately, for all of us at the end of the day we are forced to look for the best ISP in a bad bunch. My experiences with different ISP's is that we are simply cash cows and if we dont defend ourselves they will all walk right over us.

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer for your broadband. Did you manage to keep your original telephone number?
They have advised me I can keep my original number but I have read many reports of this assurance being broken.

As far as any commercial enterprise goes with promises - I hope for the best but expect the worst - so any reasonable delays wont cause me too much inconvience as I tether my tablet when I am out and about and can do the same with my laptop at home and both the wife and I have mobile phones.

I will let you know how I get on come the 14th but based on others reported experiences, I have already put Plusnet on notice that I am not a softy who will simply roll over. If they play fair with me I will be fair with them .

I decided to change due to the Sky increases this coming March as when PN is up and running I will have fibre over ADSL2+ and anytime talk for less than I currently pay Sky.
DC1
Rising Star

Thank you again quickbrew. I only have a 500mb data allowance on my phone so tethering my laptop with it would drain it pretty quickly. Thanks for the suggestion about app v. Desktop version of the Plusnet website. I'll look into it. But for the time being I'm beyond having any use for the chat line anyway. Yes, I still have my phone number. I kept reassuring the lady that it wasn't her personally I was shouting at but her unbelievably shambolic employers. Don't think she was very comforted by that though. I suppose really the fact that she kept her rag while I totally lost mine suggests that her top management are at least good at hiring excellent junior staff to take the rap for them. I very much hope your day goes better than mine.
DC1
Rising Star

Thank you for your commiserations Anon. I certainly won't be taking them up on their introduce-a-friend -and-get-a-price-cut offer!
figgley
Grafter

Figgley's HAPPY !

40/2 up and running.

I'm getting 37.5 down and 1.95ish up wired to the Hub One.

Two old 2008 Vista laptops on wireless g, and both approx 10m from AP, are showing 23Mbits/sec and 19Mbits/sec down with 1.8ish up.

What's not to like about that? Smiley

Nice one Plussers. *Swoons*

quickbrew
Rising Star

Great news Figgly,

Hope I am able to get similar without agro.
Great shame though about Dabbler's experience so far.
Do hope they sort him out soon.😊
figgley
Grafter

I'll smoke some herbal tea, conjure up pure thoughts and send positive vibes in Dabbler's general direction.

quickbrew
Rising Star

I am sure he will appreciate it.lol. 😊
quickbrew
Rising Star

Hey DC1,

Am I a plonker or what?
Only just realised your name is in red not in grey underneath.
So I shall stop calling you Dabbler and use your proper handle
😊😊. sorry. 😊😊
star-gaz8er

Yes....me.  I have only just joined the forum, and did so because unlike my last provider PlusNet fixed my internet problem with a smile in the voice, not a snarly why are you bothering us.  Yes I did have to wait a while on the end of the phone......same where ever these days........but the problem was sorted courteously and with a finale laugh the helpful person was off to sort out the next persons query.

I have only been with PlusNet a few months but so far so good.......so thank you to the chap sorting things out of a Sunday afternoon.  Happy Customer .....yes !  

Anon
Pro

So pleased we found one. But perhaps wait and see, but hope that you never have to go through what I have had to do with them.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.