Does Plusnet Really Do You Proud - Not me
I have been with Plusnet for a little over 3 weeks now.
As part of my package I was to receive a £50.00 Reward Card which Plusnet seem to be incapable of telling me when this will arrive. One adviser told me 3 - 5 days, another 30 days, their website says 10 days. Either way still nothing has been received.
My broadband speed has yet to achieve their minimum guaranteed speed, although they say that it is operating at a speed much higher and suggest it must be something to do with the wiring in my property. This is the same wiring that until three weeks ago more than adequately serviced the requirements of BT Broadband and prior to that Sky Broadband with absolutely no issues whatsoever and at a considerably higher speed.
It is virtually impossible to contact telephone support unless you want to spend inordinate amounts of time waiting on the phone, so thus far all communication has been by this forum and email.
The final insult is that I have now received notification that my phone call plan is being increased by 25% even though I have been with Plusnet for only 3 weeks or so! Even BT had the courtesy to wait two months before increasing their prices.
I know I am wishing my life away but I can't wait for my Plusnet contract to end. I wish I had never joined Plusnet and I would discourage anyone else from doing so.
Re: Does Plusnet Really Do You Proud - Not me
Hi @Robbo3, we are sorry to hear you feel this way.
I can see that the cashback query has been answered on a different thread, please click here to find it.
We are sorry to hear you're having connection issues, checking from this side everything is looking spot on to the router with speeds of 31Mbps download and 6Mbps upload showing to get there with no signs of errors. Please run the BT Speedtester service from here using a wired connection. We would need at least three speedtests. Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics. Please type in your phone number and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the server for investigation. Once you've done the above, please raise the fault by clicking here and let us know once you've done it so we can progress the fault for you.
I'm personally leaning towards wireless interference as this is the most common cause when everything is looking spot on between our side and the router and especially if you solely see the issue happening when using wireless devices and not so much wired connections.
If it is solely wireless devices where you notice the issues then I'd recommend following the steps below on how to best optimise the wireless to suite your property which should improve things for you.
What we need to change are a couple of settings on the Wireless page of your router's menu. What we are doing is often called 'splitting the networks' and 'changing wireless channels'.
1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.
2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'
3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection. Once this is changed, we will need to keep an eye on it for a day or 2 to see if the issue continues. If it does, the next step would be to change the wireless channel. Keeping in mind the original 2.4Ghz unchanged name network connection would be the best to connect your devices to for a stronger signal.
4) Following the above guide to get to your 'Advanced Settings' page, you will need to change the settings within the 2.4 GHz Wireless tab and the 5 GHz Wireless tab.
5) Under the correct heading, you will need to find 'Channel Selection' on the list and change this from 'Automatic' to any one of the other channels, This can also need doing under '5 GHz Wireless' to cover both signals. Give it 3-4 hours of testing to see if the issue still persists and try to change the channel again if you see little or no improvement.
I can assure you that we are continuously recruiting more staff to avoid the long call queues.
Thank you for your patience.
Re: Does Plusnet Really Do You Proud - Not me
If you still have your BT router then try that . Smarthub settings are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85... and others here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/m-p/1192234#...
Just be careful not to plug the DSL cable in until instructed.
Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it, help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'