Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you really want my feedback?

Gareth6
Grafter

Do you really want my feedback?

Ok then,
Lets start with my first impression. On your website it is very hard to find the upload speed, so I phoned your sales team. The lady couldn't answer or even find out, so she passed me onto a techie. He asked for my username, I told him that I don't have a username yet as I was a prospective customer. He told me that he can only advice existing customers, I told him it was just a simple question, luckily he knew instantly - It's a shame the sales team don't know the basics of what they're selling.
Last Sunday I was experiencing massive packet loss (talktalk business broadband is another story). So I sign up on your website (using a 3G dongle), I used an affiliate to get the first three months half price. I got to the page where I enter my user account details and MAC, but I kept getting a validation error but it wouldn't say what it was (I tried 5 times). I used the on-line chat, who seemed to know there was a problem when the migration code was entered. So he told me to leave it blank and phone back and give the code over the phone.
So I phone up a little later and gave the code over the phone. Luckily we both knew the phonetic alphabet and the call took under two minutes, great. Wish reminds me, I have no problem with an email asking me to give feedback but I do not need this AND two text messages the next day while I'm working!
Now, fast forward Friday the 16th and due to the lake of updates. I logged into member centre (again) it was still saying "We're processing your processing your order" (and it still does say this), so I though I would did around and find out what is going one. I notice a support ticket (53146704) on my account saying that because my MAC wasn't supplied at sign up my account setup had been put on hold for a week! So I open another ticket (53354670) to ask why the account was on hold given that I had supplied the MAC the day I signed up. Despite no apology for the obvious cockup on your part, he said he would handle it personal and the account is moving again.
Today I get a text giving me a date when my broadband is due to go active, which is after all the engineer dates I previously selected, I take it I have missed these slots (Still waiting for a confirmation of the dates), so I can't cancel my phone line rental with my existing provider. Wish bring me onto another point, there was one thing which there was no delay... You took £130 out of my account on Sunday, even though there's been a delay (on your part) and it's going to be a number of weeks before any service is provided - That isn't cool.
The logical part of my brain is telling me to cancel this ASAP! but I'm fascinated to see how much more you can cock up.
PS: that "We're processing your processing your order" main page is a waste of space, this https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=adsl_status is much more informative but very had to find (the navigation isn't very good either).
Regards, Gareth
29 REPLIES 29
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Do you really want my feedback?

Yes, we always want your feedback, what ever form it takes.
With regards to the first issue you mentioned, the person you spoke to in sales really should have been able to answer that question, that can't have given the best first impression. If I'm able to trace things back and find out who it was I'll make sure they're given some feedback and are advised appropriately.
AND two text messages the next day while I'm working!

That's a bit much in my opinion too and that would probably annoy me whilst at work. However I'm looking at your account and can't see a copy of any SMS responses that have been sent from a ticket, could you let me know what the nature of those messages was?
Now, fast forward Friday the 16th...

I'm sorry to hear about this too, I've sent some feedback to be passed to the agent as there is no hint of apology there which is something we should have done at that stage.
Today I get a text giving me a date when my broadband is due to go active, which is after all the engineer dates I previously selected

That's not what I can see. I can see from our response to 53354670 earlier this morning that we've booked the engineer for between 08:00 and 13:00 on the 26th, according to ticket 53146704 that's one of the three dates you chose.
That isn't cool.

In your circumstances I'd agree however we follow exactly he same billing process for each new customer as it's automated. I'll make sure we do discount a month of broadband subscription as a good will gesture for you though.
The logical part of my brain is telling me to cancel this ASAP! but I'm fascinated to see how much more you can cock up.

I hope you don't and as mentioned I'm sorry to see the problems you've encountered so far, your'e appointment is now booked in for the 26th and I've checked the account and all is in order there so I can't see any reason why you'd encounter further issues. If in a worst case scenario you do I'd urge you to reply to this post again to flag that up to me and I'll get straight on the case for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gareth6
Grafter

Yes it does seem to be back on track (it's nice to have a bit of luck).
There wasn't any one major issue, just lots of little ones compounding each other - silly stuff. Sales could be improved, I bet you're missing out on opportunities there, at least the techies I spoke to knew their stuff. The upload speed could be displayed better and I hope you guys do roll out either 10mb upload or 80/20mb for a sensible premium (but I can live with 40/2).
It was the "Hi Plusnet would love to have some feedback.." it was sent at 2pm on the 12th with the url sent a little bit after (can post a screen shot if you want). I just found it too pushy after getting an email asking to same thing the day before. Not to mention that was my first contact from Plusnet Sad
I understand that, it's principle putting the account on hold and still taking the money. Even just sending the router out would have been something. But thank you for the goodwill gesture.
You're lucky that the main competition is BT who only offer static IP's on their expensive business packages (which is an extra addon at £5 per month  :o), plus their mystical traffic shaping which lacks any real documentation... Or talktalk who have been experiencing major disruption to their business customers all afternoon (one's with static IP's no less ::)), the service is so bad that these days that I keep ping running in a window (ah it's gone again now...).
Let's hope things are smoother from now on.
Regards, Gareth
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the experience.  We'll have a look at how we can improve that journey.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gareth6
Grafter

Wow.  Shocked
I can now use the iPlayer app on my TV, it only takes a few seconds to buffer on the highest quality. Fired up youtube on my PC (and the same time) and played a 1080p GoPro video which loaded 5 times faster than it played. Just played some MW3 and got called a hacker so that's a good sign Cool (2mb isn't enough to host a match though).
I got some pretty rubbish speedtest results so I downloaded a game off Steam and the first gig downloaded at a nice stable speed of 36-37mb/s. As I suspected, speed tests are heavily overrated (all you need is ping and resource monitor).
The Openreach guy wasn't happy about about running an extension cable outside (he said the extension wasn't requested?), but when he saw how far it would have to go internally he changed his mind.
Just need to sort the upload rate out and I'll be a very happy customer!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm glad to see things have improved somewhat
Just need to sort the upload rate out and I'll be a very happy customer!

Check your reply to ticket 53697291 Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gareth6
Grafter

Not so fast.
Later that evening it went, 12pm dead to be exact (was working flawlessly until then). In the morning it was still off so I went through the online troubleshooting steps, e.g. bypassing the router. I also said I recently had the 80/20 enabled.
I phoned up to see if there was a voicemail for an outage. There was, turned the router off for 65mins (even though I doubted that would fix it). Saw the support ticket saying they're going to run testing which takes 24hours, so I phoned up to speak to someone, he didn't update the record some of the additional info like the ppp/chaps logs and that I was effected by a chaps issue earlier in the month with my old ADSL connection.
I requested to be taken off the trial to see if that resolves the problem. Just after 5pm I get a notification of an updated ticket. I go in expecting to see that the profile is being switched back. But no, I get a CSC basically saying "have you tried switching it off and on again?". This is a p*** take, what is the point in filling in tickets if they're not going to read them?
Normally when something breaks the first question asked is "was anything changed recently?". I can't count the number of times this has fixed the problem.
My faith is dwindling fast...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

what is the point in filling in tickets if they're not going to read them?

I totally agree, we're sorry about that.  Some stern feedback will be given I can remove you from the trial if you like but in the interests of being realistic I really can't guarantee that it will fix the fault, do bear in mind to that will take 24 hours, during which time we won't be able to raise a fault for you.
I'll place the order now to take you off the trial, if you change your mind you'd just need to let me know ASAP so I can cancel it.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gareth6
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thats fine, I know there's no guarantee this will fix it. But this change was made just before it went out and if it isn't then turning if off will make it easier to find the root cause. Also, someone else in the trial has had the same issue (but been down a week).
I am tempted to try again after it is fixed to home in on the issue.
Also, I'm amazed how difficult it is to tell if an engineer has been playing around with equipment, plus the exchange only went live this month.
This definitely isn't the first time new tech has bit me, but that's the price you pay.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
I'm amazed how difficult it is to tell if an engineer has been playing around with equipment

Often the scale of wholesale broadband provision itself means that we're not always party to precise information about every piece of work carried out on a single line, however we are proactively advised of any planned engineering work that may affect a large number of customers.
We've got the order in place to take you off 80/20 now, my colleague on faults that updated your ticket today will look after you, he often posts on the forum directly himself.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gareth6
Grafter

Ahhh the saga continues, Openreach were meant to send an engineer today between 8 and 1pm, but by 2pm nothing so I phoned up. Turns out they scewed up the booking.
Luckily plusnet managed to book another for Saturday. Openreach seem adamant that it is a linefault and don't require access to fix it. Makes me wonder if they knew about this all the time (it was suspicious how it went 12pm dead), I hope they do release what happened.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Gareth6
Grafter

It's Saturday. Still no connection and nothing from Openreach. I take it they don't work Sundays so that will be 6 (closer to 7) days with no connection.
If you're excited about FTTC coming to your area, my advice is to wait a few months.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gareth6,
Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. I've asked one of our faults team to pick this up and see if we can get an update as to what the next step will be.
Jojo Smiley
Gareth6
Grafter

Day 9, still no connection.
Just had an OpenReach engineer leave. He didn't have any details of the problem, I had to explain it to him. Couldn't find any faults at the exchange or my end. Looked into the Authentication errors, he said this is plusnets systems. Also, the 80/20 profile is still on my line despite asking for this to be removed to eliminate it from the equation - so they even cocked that up.
Enough is enough, if this isn't fixed today then just send me a FULL refund and migration code. I'm not happy with plusnet at all! 
Gareth6
Grafter

and a 15 min call waiting time... it gets worse.