cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you intend to cancel your contract?

grudkin
Grafter

Do you intend to cancel your contract?

With the announcement of the Price Changes over at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91211.0.html, some are unhappy about the changes,
I will actually pay slightly less after 4th January!
How will the changes affect you?
The poll results have now been made visible after voting!
31 REPLIES 31
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: Do you intend to cancel your contract?

no im staying for a while. I wil be paying 1.50 less than i am at present
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: thisoldman

no im staying for a while. I wil be paying 1.50 less than i am at present

Hmm! Shocked
Interesting! Grin
thisoldman
Grafter

indeed
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Clearly you are not resistant to change !
We are born into history and history is born into us.
grudkin
Grafter

Personally, I think Jojo and Mand held thisoldman down while Jameseh and Bob had a good talking to him! Cheesy Wink
thisoldman
Grafter

wrong glen sorry   i will still be paying by debit card..................
thisoldman
Grafter

grudkin  i am deaf
Not applicable

After 6 years I won't be going anywhere.   Only have broadband now but get a very good deal with referrals discount.  Also connection is good.  
My pals who have PN telephone will be better off by a few pence because they don't make international calls so can go on the new Anytime product.
David_W
Rising Star

Staying, I'm very happy with the phone service we recently signed up to and are switching so saving £1.50/month with 3 months free.  My broadband price hasn't changed in years and neither will my product, I was going to have to find a new provider when 21CN came to my exchange (I love my package but would have had to switch) but as I'm getting FTTx first then I can happily stick with PN on Fibre.
Sure, I could get it cheaper phone and faster internet by switching to TalkTalk (probably double my speed and half my cost) but consumer satisfaction is where it's at and when it comes to satisfaction, PN score 10/10.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am probably in a very small minority but before this change I was going to move my phone to BT and now with the small difference it isn't worth it
nadger
Rising Star

I'm staying  Smiley
Reaction from other users to this  Cry
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm almost certainly moving to "Extra" from "Unlimited" to avoid the £5 increase, assuming I get good answers from my ticket.  But my loyalty to Plusnet has been eroded further by these changes.  
I understand that Plusnet needs to change its prices due to the VAT increase, and other shifts in costs and customer behaviour.  But the particular balance of these changes, and the way they've been handled, seems unclear (the changes in home phone call & connection pricing), unfair to some (the charge for paying by card, even for those who make their payment each time), and hard to justify (the size of the increase in price to Unlimited).
My loyalty to Plusnet had been gradually eroded over some time.  Most recently:
- Online ticket responses show a failure to read my question properly.
- A friend of mine had a long-running broadband speed problem caused by a change he did not instigate to 21CN, and while I realise the engineers etc concerned were BT bods, Plusnet did not keep my friend informed properly with what was going on and why it was taking nearly 3 months to resolve.
- The TV advert - I'd much prefer Plusnet to continue to invest and grow slowly, through referrals as it always has done.  Appealing on low-cost, in the way they have done (with lots of exceptions), seems less than honest, and goes against the ethos I thought Plusnet had - of better-than-the-industry customer service, and being open about why they can't chase the lowest common denominator.
So, when my deferred house move payment is removed in February 2011, I'm seriously considering moving to Virgin Media.  (I only get 3200kbps at the moment, so hopefully cable will improve this.)
I therefore voted "Undecided".
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

With the options available to me---Sky/TT or another BTw based ISP, I stay.
And would have anyhow
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
gswindale
Grafter

I'm staying seeing as I'll not be paying any more in January.
Off-topic (slightly), but I've voted and can't see the outcome of how my vote affects the poll?