cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you guys (plusnet staff and moderators etc) ever get fed up?

Moominfish
Grafter

Do you guys (plusnet staff and moderators etc) ever get fed up?

Of trying to do the best you can and constantly receiving barrages of complaints and people constantly moaning saying their fed up and want their mac codes and that Plusnet are constantly rubbish?
I know if I were you guys I'd definitely get fed up!, because since I joined Plusnet I've received more responses and better advice/help than I did with my previous ISP in the 2 years I was with them! And I haven't even been with Plusnet half a month yet.
Only one exception was a woman called Susan Smith whose the only one who works for my old ISP who actually gave a damn, no one else had a clue.
10 REPLIES 10
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Do you guys (plusnet staff and moderators etc) ever get fed up?

Well, the complaints about PN's service aren't of too much concern to us (the moderators) as we aren't actually connected to Plusnet – we're just customers. Having said that though, it does get problematic when disgruntled members feel they have a right to do or say pretty much whatever they want on here, and we have to ‘tidy up’ after them. Lips_are_sealed
matt_2k34
Grafter

when disgruntled members feel they have a right to do or say pretty much whatever they want on here

Usually equating large post count = im more important Smiley ohhhhhhh how wrong they are  Crazy  Grin
i get fed up reading some of the junk people post about PN, its all about your experiences with them.
I generally come here to give a helping hand where possible. im not 100% accurate, and i do make mistakes, but dont we all ? Smiley
zubel
Community Veteran

It's a rare occasion when someone comes to the forums to say "Yay, thanks PN - my connection is awesome".  Most people turn to the forums when they have an issue or a complaint, so you do end up getting a bit of a thick skin
As Thomas says, it doesn't affect the mods unless we have to go tidy up threads that have been hijacked, or cross posted in.  We certainly don't take it personally Wink
B.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I was always told a person who never made a mistake never made anything, and I and Jelv both admit to it and we are the highest posters here, so what does that proove.  Oh and another high poster is JameseH
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just had a look
Top 10 Posters  Top 10 Boards

Jameseh 18388
Peter Vaughan 13708
pierre_pierre 10828
dave 10758
jelv 10702
Oldjim 10191
severedsolo
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
It's a rare occasion when someone comes to the forums to say "Yay, thanks PN - my connection is awesome".

i guess i must be in the minority then, trust me to be "different"  Grin having said that, i have noticed that alot of the members i brought "with me" from VM have taken the time to say thank you
exporters
Grafter

Well, I hope other 'moaners' read this thread and that we are all not just preaching to the converted.
My own +ve experience with PN & staff is the key reason I cannot imagine leaving - it would take an awful lot to kick start that action. If things are not going well I'll say so and expect issues to eventually get sorted. A confident, well managed outfit will reciprocate accordingly & PN from my limited experience [since Aug '09] does.
I too have often wondered how the PN staff survive with seemingly so many impatient, crabby customers.  Internal morale/banter must be high to survive!  Moderators & forum contributors are more able to look after themselves and can slap down escalating friction from some before it gets too vicious.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Can't say anything or I'd have to ban myself Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
zubel
Community Veteran

Personally, I think the forums provide an excellent service in compliment to the 'official' PN support.
Very often, you will get an irate customer who is unhappy that their connection is not working as they expect.  It's surprisingly often that once you have managed to take them through some basic troubleshooting steps, the problem is actually within their own premises and is (fairly) easily rectifiable.
It also helps to bounce problems off of the resident "experts", who can often confirm if the likely behaviour is due to a fault.
Lastly, the experts here aren't forced to answer x-posts per shift and can spend the time to research an issue, analyse statistics posted (from various sources such as SNR graphs etc) and come to a likely conclusion.  One of the drawbacks of the ticketting system is that a CSC agent is unlikely to be able to devote the same amount of time to looking at a problem.
Once all these points are understood by any forum-poster, a resolution (or at least very good advice) can generally be given for any particular problem, which may go far above and beyond the remit of the PN CSC - that's the point where helping to mod the forums becomes very rewarding.
B.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The Plusnet customer base is a wide cross section of society
but the problems associated with dealing with a 'difficult' customer are generally more than offset by the more amenable solution seeker.
As Barry says that solution is often to be found in the posts of other customers.
One of the prime assets of this forum is it's friendly welcoming nature which we strive to maintain hence the moderation and rule enforcement.
Tempers can run high when a service or fix seems to be taking too long to implement but can only serve to alienate the help that is being sought.
Yeah I know....easily said  Wink Undecided  
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine