cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not switch to Plusnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niekoneturiu

Do not switch to Plusnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupidly swapped from Sky Broadband which has been perfect for many years to PlusNet last week of Jan 2014 to save some money but yet to have Broadband activated. Spoke to a couple of "advisers" just to hear so rubbish and how it is all SKY's fault. After one of them did some investigations it would appear that they ordered phone line but not broadband but asked SKY to trasnfered everything to them. Incompetence at it's highest!! Does anyone have CEO's e-mail as replies that I get on their Help site are just ridiculous i.e "we are very sorry". It is just not good enough plusnet, not good enough. They "transfered me on 18/02/14 but I actually won't have a connection until 26/02/14 the earliest. Nice!!!!!!!!!! Cry Cry Cry
Pleas esomeone give me Jamie's e-mail, please.!!!
21 REPLIES 21
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Do not switch to Plusnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No good writing to Jamie - he's not there anymore. The CEO is Andy Baker Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi niekoneturiu,
I'm really sorry to hear of your issues when transferring over to us. I have had a look and can see that this is in hand with our Expedites team. They will be requesting your broadband order to be expedited and they'll confirm the new scheduled completion date on Ticket: 81497400. We hope this is resolved for you soon.
niekoneturiu

artmo - Ups, google is still saying it's Jamie. Do you happen to have new CEO's e-mail?
Linn - why do I have to fight for something that I have paid money for? Please defien term expedite as I ahve been hearing this word since 18th, but yet to experience your "expediting".
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

When your broadband order goes into a 'Committed' state (Our suppliers accept the order) we can then submit an expedite.
An expedite is where, at a cost to ourselves (or in some cases, to our suppliers) we can get an engineer to carry out the necessary work quicker than the normal 5-7 working days. Depending on resourcing and engineer availability, we aim to get an engineer assigned for the next working days.
We'll do everything we can to get this sorted out for you.
niekoneturiu

So, just had an update on my ticket. Before "expediting" the order connection was promised on 24/02/14, now that the order has been "expedited" new connection date is... you guest it, 24/02/14. Can it be anymore ridiculous?
Chris - you had 18 days to do this, so please don't give me this rubbish about cost to yourself etc. Your fault, sort it out!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm explaining what an expedite is.
I've submitted the expedite request, we should hear back regarding this within the next 3 hours.
Devonian
Grafter

It is such a shame PlusNet can't fix the whole provisioning/transfer for new customers.
There are thread after thread reporting problems.
I had problems, people I recommended had problems, and mostly they seem to point towards poor communication within PlusNet.
Once your service is finally up and running, PlusNet are brilliant.
I had a stubborn fault that took nearly a years worth of headaches and trial and error to fix, but with thanks to Chris Pettitt, and [removed] it was finally fixed.  But only due to their constant diligence.  I have no doubt that the likes of BT and Talktalk would never have had the fault fixed.
My billing has always been fine since I changed to paying by visa anyway, I have always had brilliant service, and I wouldn't even consider changing suppliers at the moment.
It is just a shame that the first impression PlusNet gives is incompetence.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules but noted.]
niekoneturiu

Devonian - could not have put it better myself.
Right now I have 0 faith in plusnet and expecting all sort of problems with billing etc. etc. Will they prove me wrong? I seriously doubt it, but would love to.
Devonian
Grafter

All I can say is stick with it, because when you are connected, things will get much better.
And with Chris Pettitt looking into things, you are in safe hands.
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

It's horses for courses I suppose. My time with Sky was a complete nightmare. My switch happened about 4 hours late, due to a problem in the exchange. Although no-one will ever tell me for sure, I'm convinced this fault was down to Sky's bodged attempts at switching me to their service in the first place. At that time I was without broadband for 10 working days, the service was up & down like a tart's knickers, and I was without a reliable telephone for most of the 2 months I stayed with them.
My small delay, and short loss of service with PlusNet was handled brilliantly. The communication was first rate, and included a copy of the communication from Openreach to PlusNet.
Stick with it.
I'm afraid after my experiences with them, if someone told me Sky was to blame for something, I would tend to believe them. Almost every contact I had with them contained some lie or other, which was easily found out.
Good luck, and let the guys on here do their best for you.
niekoneturiu

Unfortunately this time isn't Sky to blame. PN "guru" who changed my telephone line activation date forgot to change bb activation date! How can you forget this nobody knows. So Sky is in the clear in this case, altought the first dude I spoke over the phone at PN or course blamed Sky and told me to contact Sky etc. etc. Only after I asked to speak to his manager did he check the info on my account and promised to sort everything out within 24-48 hours. LIE. Image if I had called Sky and asked them to investage etc. I would still probably by non the wiser, at least now PN allegedly doing something. Allegedly, because at 2pm Chris posted a comment saying we'll hear back within 3 hours, but as we can see nothing.  Undecided
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi niekoneturiu,
As stated on Ticket: 81497400 my colleague submitted the request to expedite your broadband order and this is now due to complete anytime up to midnight on 24/02/2014. I'm really sorry to hear the issues you've had transferring over to us. Our expedites team are still monitoring your order until completion and they'll comment back on the ticket as soon as they've received confirmation that you should be able to connect.
Devonian
Grafter

@Linn, with all due respect, the OP said he was told a connection date of the 24th, and the new expedited connection date is... the 24th.
Isn't it about time Plusnet fixed the problems new customers face? 
Granted plenty of new customers have no problems, but to many new customers do have problems.
It seem's to be slowly going down the route of BT customer service.. long waiting times on the phone, poor customer communication, and even your reply sounds a little BT scriptish. Wink
Good customer service means when you cock up, that you put your self out to put things right, even if there is a cost to your self.
To many companies are failing the basics of customer service at the moment.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The date that was given (24th) was given as we could get an expedite for that date.
If we didn't get an expedite, the order would have been for (28/02/2014).
We're currently well on with a rebuild of our provisioning journey which should alleviate such circumstances from surfacing again, however, human error, in this case appears to be at fault and this will be dealt with internally.
We'll keep an eye on things and as Devonian has kindly mentioned, once everything is up and running, I'm sure we can provide you with great service and I hope we can prove to you that you were right to chose Plusnet.