cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do NOT move home and try to take Plusnet with you!

KMC

Do NOT move home and try to take Plusnet with you!

We were lured into the appeal of the proclaimed customer service awards and the fact the call centres were U.K. based. After my experiences I don’t see what odds it makes where they are if you can’t get to speak to any of them anyway!! 

We made the mistake (twice now) of trying to move home and take our Plusnet account with us. Both times it took WEEKS to get our broadband up and running - just great when you work from home!! Had someone just been straight with us and said “look, we have no idea when your broadband will be set up but you should get it within a month” we would have been horrified BUT not half as annoyed as being told, repeatedly, that it would happen “tomorrow”... over and over and over again. Which meant I had to spend literally hours every day sitting in phone queues over and over and over again! In the end, because of a [-Censored-] up on the part of PlusNet, we had to set up a whole new account! But did we get all the juicy new account deals that new customers get? Oh no! Instead, we have just today had over £200 taken from our bank account for an “early contract termination” fee!! I am beyond angry. We have to move house again in six months and I would rather pay the £200 than stay with Plusnet for one second longer than we have to. I’m pretty sure there isn’t a broadband company out there that could be worse than the way I feel we’ve been treated by Plusnet.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
KMC

Re: Do NOT move home and try to take Plusnet with you!

Oh and now we’ve been offered a CHEQUE by way of a refund! How terribly helpful! It’s hard enough to get to a bank with a cheque at the best of times but now? Seriously? A cheque?? Can we send you a cheque every month for our payments then?