cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I win a prize for finding the most stupid question response?

Lurker
Grafter

Do I win a prize for finding the most stupid question response?

Dearest Reader,
Before you commence this (thus far) relatively brief encounter with the absurd, I must confess to having experienced a slight sense of humour failure in my second response.
I'll let you decide if its warranted or not, although I accept it probably is a little unfair - but hey, thought I'd include it, warts and all.
I may also have slightly modified the names so folks don't get shouted at in the street.
No text received, even thought the option was selected... My mobile number was included, but it was obviously too complicated for the CS agent to put the telephone to use (although he did prefer for me to call, perhaps he doesn't do phones, and this way the problem goes to somebody else)
Crazy
[Support Wizard Journey]
[I have a problem with Referrals]
[I have a problem with Referrals]
[Additional Information]
I'm likely to be leaving Plusnet fairly soon, so I want to get as much sorted in preparation as is possible.
Can you tell me what (if anything) I need to do to receive payments for the referrals bonuses I earn once I have no subscription to discount.
Kind Regards
James
Copied To: mysecretemailaddress@googlemail.com
Frank Lee Stupid CSC Analyst 1:17pm, Wednesday 9th September 2009
Dear Big G,
Thank you for contacting customer support.
If you wish to discuss this issue further please feel free to give our Customer Options a call on 0845 140 6002 (we're available 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday) - it comes straight through to this team.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.
Kind regards,
Frank Lee Stupid
Your comment 9:54pm, Wednesday 16th September 2009
Seriously - WTF?
If I wanted to speak to you, I would have called already.
Instead, I wanted to contact you by ticket for the answer.
How about you deliver the reply as a reply to this ticket, and save everybody some hassle.
Further queries!?!?!
Just the original one ATM.
If you struggle to understand this [relatively simple] question, I suggest you escalate to James Bailey for assistance before reverting with a stupid comment.
Is it any wonder I want to leave?

I'm thinking the easiest way might be to move my referrals away too, then I can avoid the whole sorry mess altogether.
Sorry PN - you used to be great, and I'll stand up for you on lots of things, but the two things that always made you stand head and shoulders above have fallen by the wayside.
Customer service is nowhere near as good as it used to be.
Internet service is nowhere near as good as it used to be.
About the only thing left worth shouting about these days is the Comms Team. Even PUG seems to be more of a badge of honour than a concerted effort to engage customers to improve service.
Anyway, I've had my rant now. Time for bed.
Shame PN want rid of this board - I wonder why...
14 REPLIES 14
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Do I win a prize for finding the most stupid question response?

The CSC's response does seem a bit strange I admit - but your response also seems very OTT. For what it's worth, the removal of this board in the new forum proposals isn't because Plusnet want to get rid of it; rather, it's because the moderators and staff are undertaking a very comprehensive rethink of the board layout and we feel as a group that it doesn't fit in to the new plans. (Bear in mind I'm saying this as someone who's used this board a couple of times myself...)
Lurker
Grafter

If you try to phone they tell you to raise a ticket.
If you raise a ticket they tell you to phone.

Yes my reply is OTT, but their reponse was UTB (Under The Bottom) Cheesy
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

FYI I left PN a while back, and still have active referrals.
When the credit reaches a certain amount (£5 I think) I get a credit to my bank account.

IIRC at some point (after I left) I was asked (via an automatically generated email) to ensure I had payment details set up for referral credits.
Mand
Grafter

Hi James,
If you leave and downgrade your account to PAYG we'll credit your bank account once your referral credit reaches £5, as HP said.
WRT the ticket response, I'd like to apologise for that, and will raise it with the agent (and management).
Lurker
Grafter

Added a note to have my account downgraded to PAYG, and also given PN 30days notice to terminate my broadband subscription.
Presumably I can cancel my DD now that I've given PN the 30days notice they require.
I expect the person who picks up the ticket with my notice on will call me to collect the pro-rated payment to take me to the end of the 30days notice?
Assuming this to be the case, it makes sense to cancel my DD now for cleanliness, and to ensure PN don't accidentally get confused and decide to try to take payment for 30days, in the hope they can sit on the funds for a few days before refunding the element of the payment which they shouldn't have taken.
Would folks agree this seems logical?
James
Grafter

James,
I've scheduled your downgrade to occur on the 16th October.  If you need the cease completing earlier, please let me know.
The call centre are instructed to ask all customers that are cancelling to call the Customer Options Team.  All cancellations are dealt with by telephone or letter - this has been discussed in length both on this forum and on ThinkBroadband.
You'll retain your referrals.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: James_G
Would folks agree this seems logical?
Not entirely.
I'd leave the DD in place as you can always get money back immediately via the bank; it will also probably make life easier (and more likely correct) for PN billing.
IIRC my DD got cancelled automatically when I left, I didn't do it and all the billing was fine.
Can't recall if the referrals payment uses a different data set, but it certainly needs your bank details though I guess it's a direct credit not a DD.
James
Grafter

I've included this information in the ticket - We need the DD to remain active until the downgrade has completed.
Because it's a downgrade and not a cancellation, cancellation fees aren't calculated automatically.
Mand
Grafter

To add to what James has said here, if you delete your DD you will need to add bank details in the referral payment section on the portal, in order for us to credit your account when the referral value reaches £5. Wink
Be3G
Grafter

Now now James, you may be leaving but that doesn't put you above the forum rules which you will of course be aware of - so can you get that signature image down to the required sizes please.
Lurker
Grafter

The "Rules" only offer a suggestion that images should fall within certain limits.
Tongue
But your wish is my command - my apologies for the unintended transgression of the Forum Suggestions Grin
Lurker
Grafter

Removed
artificer
Grafter

pn sold themselves to bt. need i say more?
Lurker
Grafter

For completeness I should say that unsurprisingly James sorted the answer to my question with the ease with which we'd expect.
Of course I could have just MSN'd him or called him in the first instance, but I do prefer to try things the 'official way' first.
All well that ends well, and Thanks again to James and Mand.