cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting treatment for new customers

Madcatlady

Disgusting treatment for new customers

Where do I begin?
Engineer turns up at my house to connect phone outside specified time arranged. He did try phoning once but I didn't hear it - still he turns up early without my permission saying he has no other work for the day. As i was out shopping, my special needs daughter phones me to ask if she should let him in, my autistic son hides as he doesn't like strangers. Worried he won't come back I said let him in, paid for shopping, shot home to find he was gone in about 5 minutes. Was left with my 12 yr old to explain about codes and things that she didnt understand.
Got my date thru for fibre connection - 2 weeks time!!!! I phoned up to ask why it would take so long and was told all engineers are up north dealing with the floods - I was never told about that before I signed up.
I have kids that need the Internet due to GSCE work and online maths and French homework. What fun they have for the next 2 weeks!
Have phoned in a complaint as a new customer, waited 23 minutes to get a human being to be redirected, had to wait another 24 minutes for a human being.
Also replied to their emails, still waiting for an answer from 4 days ago.
I am now enquiring with my legal advisor about breach of contract and I want to cancel my order and leave now.
Sorry for any spelling errors - I am having to use my phone as no inernet connection ...  Hint, hint
Grumpy mum and moany kids
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Disgusting treatment for new customers

Hi,
With out going in to the specifics of your situation (not my job) cancelling the contract with PlusNet is not going to help you any.
If the supplier (BT Openreach) have sent their engineers to Scotland, then no matter who you got to for an alternative service will face the same issue, unless you have the option of switching to Virgin, who do not use BT Openreach.
At the time of taking your order, no ISP has the means of knowing for sure about the availability of BT Openreach engineers.  I am sure that if you were in Scotland where there are many lines down in remote areas, you would expect BT Openreach to pull in as many resources as they can from around the UK to get the services repaired sooner rather than later - well that is exactly what they have done.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Disgusting treatment for new customers

@Madcatlady
Hi there,
First of all allow me to apologise on behalf of our suppliers due to the engineer arriving outside of the agreed slot time. it's obvious that's caused some issues for you. I'm glad that the engineer did finish the job but we will be raising this with Openreach as a matter of complaint.
I can see the fibre service is now due to be installed on 4/3/16. With regards to the delays that have led to this being pushed back we're unfortunately not always aware of if such things delay the progress of orders. When this affects things on a larger scale in a given area our suppliers follow a process called MBORC (matters beyond our reasonable control) unfortunately the delay affecting your order appears to have fallen outside this process meaning we were unaware prior to you ordering.
I sincerely hope things go more smoothly from here on and please do reply back if you have any further questions or concerns you want to air.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team