cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

jimbof
Grafter

Re: Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Anotherone
As much as we would like, Openreach engineers don't work on routine stuff on Sundays Sad

Are you sure about this?  My mum has had a couple of line faults fixed on Sundays in the past - and she is with TalkTalk(!)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes Jimboff, read the latter past of my post. Openreach in any event can choose to work Sundays especially if they've had major outages, storm damage etc., but it's not guaranteed.
I fully appreciate your concern about lack of phone with disabled parents kitkatsox, having been there with my own and SWMBO's parent as well. Read the book, got the tee-shirt, seen the movie etc. But to Openreach we are just numbers, they don't care, we are just routine.
However, as the others have pointed out, the more information the better. I don't know for example if you've been through the basic checks with the test socket, but I won't bother as you obviosly don't think I can help in any way.
But on the point of the importance of the phone line, it may be worth you talking to Customer Options to see if you can get a better SLA for the phone, but it will probably cost.. I'm not sure if they'll do it,  I don't think any of the basic providers do anyway.
IIRC we are on the lowest Level 1 Clear by 23.59 day after next, Monday to Friday, excluding Public and Bank Holidays..
Level 2 is Clear by 23.59 next day, Monday to Saturday, excluding Public and Bank Holidays
Level 3 is Report by 13.00, clear by 23.59 same day. Report after 13.00 clear by 12.59 next day, seven days a week, including Public and Bank Holiday.
Level 4 Clear within 6 hours, any time of day, any day of the year.
Level4 is only usually offered to those registered disabled with their LA by those providers that offer it.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Does PN not have the facility to transfer landline calls to a mobile until the phone is fixed?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes they do,
Quote from: http
Call Divert
Divert your calls to any UK landline, mobile, and most international destinations.
When this feature is used, you'll be charged for the diverted part of each call where applicable (e.g. the cost of calling the number you're diverting to from your line).

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

But surely they wouldn't charge if they were unable to provide landline service?
my neighbour had a fault on her landline and TT diverted to her mobile free of charge.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I think PN decide on a case by case basis.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Level4 is only usually offered to those registered disabled with their LA by those providers that offer it.
Interesting, I've never seen those levels described or defined, but they're very relevant to a housebound family member (who I coincidentally visited today).
As "registered disabled" as such doesn't exist can you clarify what the qualifying criteria are and which providers offer such a response.
The person I'm thinking of has a standard phone contract with BT; no broadband (wouldn't know how to or be able to use it anyway).
(They do have a blue badge and receive attendance allowance among many other probably relevant things)
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: HPsauce
As "registered disabled" as such doesn't exist can you clarify what the qualifying criteria are and which providers offer such a response.
The person I'm thinking of has a standard phone contract with BT; no broadband (wouldn't know how to or be able to use it anyway).
(They do have a blue badge and receive attendance allowance among many other probably relevant things)

"Registered Disabled" as such DOES exist. If they have a Blue Badge then they will be registered disabled and it is the criteria that qualifies them for what you have just mentioned that determines that  Roll_eyes
I think BT Retail may offer it.
@artmo
see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134431.msg1176444.html#msg1176444
Looks like we all better move to TalkTalk.......oh, hang on a minute, I'm on a damned 20CN exchange Angry
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Well Monday am 8.45 still no phone, fibre speed 2.96Mbps, 3 questions still awaitin reply. Heard nothing whatsoever from plusnet and yes both parents registered disabled, blue badges etc, imagine how #### I felt last night I had to tell my dad to text if he needed me because I cant afford us both exceeding our minutes again. Last months phone bills cost me £150 as I pay my mum & dads as well as my own. Dad did manage a text and then called to see if I'd received it.
WHERE IS THE FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE I WAS ASSURED OF PLUSNET?
will you wake up, if this thread goes on twitter?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Registered Disabled" as such DOES exist.
As I said, it doesn't nowadays, you can only register for certain "things" which all have different rules, see: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2571.aspx
Do you have a link to the BT criteria and service level?
kitkatsox
Dabbler

STILL NO PHONE 13.49 Monday 1.12.14
friendinneed
Grafter

Quote from: I
I think PN decide on a case by case basis.
Regards
Mike

You need to escalate to a higher and higher level to get this
kitkatsox
Dabbler

So how the hell do I get the idiots to look at it? I reported this on Friday afternoon it has now been 72 hours with no phone! Not even a reply to three pen questions
PLUS NET SUCKS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ####
I AM GOING TO TWITTER PERHAPS THEN THEYLL REACT
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I have to say I find PN customer service excellent. Over the weekend when there was a major BB outage we were kept fully up to date. Thank you PN Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: kitkatsox
So how the hell do I get the idiots to look at it?

Well that's hardly going to endear you to anyone is it. I've flagged it up.