cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful, Forced to leave after 20 years loyalty

deanevans

Disgraceful, Forced to leave after 20 years loyalty

I Have been with Plusnet 20 years. Never missed any payments. The only reason i knew something was wrong was when a debt collection letter  from an agency landed through the letterbox yesterday, Its a demand for £201.75.

Around 14 months ago i was contacted by Plusnet with an offer to lower my monthly payment if i took out a new 18 months contract, i accepted, the lower payment came out my bank the next month perfectly fine and the next, then no more payment was being taken out of my bank, i didn't even notice this due to a busy bank account with our business, another reason i didn't think anything was wrong is the fact i am still getting broadband and connected to the internet as i speak and my contract was cancelled around 11 to 12 months ago apparently. after waiting for 4 hours to speak to someone at plusnet yesterday who said it was due to non payment, i said that i never stopped any payment, she replied it may have been a card that expired . I have had no phone calls or messages left or any letter prior to this debt collection letter.  my emails account with plusnet was archived and deleted some time ago so i dont  bother using it.  it's disgraceful.

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Disgraceful, Forced to leave after 20 years loyalty

Hello @deanevans, I am sorry you have had this experience and apologise for the frustration and stress this has caused you. I can see you have spoken with someone earlier in regards to this who has cleared up the situation here. 

I have raised feedback on your situation to the right team in terms of communication.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

SU Escalation

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Request response

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) fixed drop down issue

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauriceC - Look above!