Did you mean: 

Discrepancy of maximum speed between order page and confirmation email

Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Discrepancy of maximum speed between order page and confirmation email

Hi,
Just to report a bug:
I placed an order yesterday for Unlimited Fibre. Speed displayed on the order page was 59mbps down speed.
However, on the email order confirmation received, Estimated Broadband Speed has become 40 Mbps
Thanks,
Seb
11 REPLIES 11
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Discrepancy of maximum speed between order page and confirmation email

Yep.  that's a problem.  It's likely also that you've been placed on 40/10 instead of 80/20 as well.  We'll place an order for 80/20 as soon as you activate though and will take affect within a day or 2.
Sorry about the mistake!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Thanks.
When I called this morning to provide my MAC migration code, the support person told me that my order was correct and it was more a display issue on the email.
Therefore, not sure what I will get now, and if Plusnet would restrict artificially my speed to 40mbps, because I was put on the wrong package (although I did select the correct one).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As Kelly says you will probably get a 40/10 which will subsequently be upgraded to an 80/20.
Something for you to keep an eye on though and raise a ticket or post back here if it doesn't.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Well that's funny because I queried this straight away with plusnet on the phone they said because 76mb was too new their inhouse systems e-mail didn't have the updated 76mb info and it would automatically show 40mb so looks like what they said was rubbish?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

They got it wrong, yeah.  We'll check that and reiterate.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
les37b
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Yep.  that's a problem.  It's likely also that you've been placed on 40/10 instead of 80/20 as well.  We'll place an order for 80/20 as soon as you activate though and will take affect within a day or 2.
Sorry about the mistake!

I had exactly the same with my order.
Ive been told not to worry 'cos its down correctly as 68Mb not 40 - and I had an email confirming this.
However it throws up something else. My account was opened going via topcashback. Obviously the amount depends on the account taken and Ive seen remarks where youve declined because of alleged connection changes by the customer.
Youve got my custom purely because of this offer. (Virgin currently pay over £200 for new BB and phone customers.)
Can someone confirm this system error that appears to happen a fair bit will not affect my cashback?
My connection is due for the 23rd, so its essential I get this reassurance. 
Apologies to the OP for the hijack, but it lends itself to my issue.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi les,
Just confirmed that for you on the cashback chasing thread Smiley
Grff
Grafter

Quote from: SuperSaiyan4
Well that's funny because I queried this straight away with plusnet on the phone they said because 76mb was too new their inhouse systems e-mail didn't have the updated 76mb info and it would automatically show 40mb so looks like what they said was rubbish?

When I queried my speed 'concerns' in December regarding my estimate of 55mb, and then receiving an activation e-mail of 40mb, I was told;
We are sorry that the final speed is not as high as the initial estimate. Those first categorizations of your lines capability are estimates, and sometimes the physical properties of the line between the exchange and your property mean it is not technically capable of supporting those average speeds at the exchange that the estimate is based on.

I hope the Customer Services guys are aware of some people being on the wrong speed, and checking this out before churning out the 'speed is an estimate' line.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I hope the Customer Services guys are aware of some people being on the wrong speed, and checking this out before churning out the 'speed is an estimate' line.

The problem causing people to be ordered on the wrong speed is fixed, we're cleaning up any that were submitted incorrectly too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Could someone move me to the right profile (80/20) now my broadband has been installed please?
I have been limited to 40/10 by mistake. I was hoping that this would have been corrected by Plusnet automatically, but does not seem to be the case.
I am currently getting the following speed, on a wired connection:
Download Speed Upload Speed
36027 kbps (4.5MB/s) 7179 kbps (897kB/s)
Thanks,
Seb
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sebtomato,
The order would have been placed most likely next week, but I've placed one for you today to complete on Monday. That should move you to the faster service, sorry you were put on the wrong one to start with.