cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing service: Why I should lose money to allow to you make money on me?

dgolubev

Disappointing service: Why I should lose money to allow to you make money on me?

Hello
I am moving house an need engineer visit to setup fibre.
You can book visit only on weekdays.
But in weekdays I am at work.
All installation takes maximum 2 hours because line already active, but  I should not go to work and lose half day salary to allow to your install broadband for me and make money on me?
I lose money twice, when I not go to work and when I pay to you for installation and broadband.
I really can't see logic for me.
I know you can send book engineer visit on Saturday, it is already happened before.
Why do you create a problem to your customers?
On current moment, I will don't want to extend contract with you.
Thank you
Dmitry

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Disappointing service: Why I should lose money to allow to you make money on me?

Hi Dmitry,
Unfortunately we don't have much of a say when it comes to engineer appointments. We can only book what is made available to us by our suppliers and although there is sometimes availability for faults engineers on Saturdays, I can't actually remember the last time I have seen a Saturday appointment made available to us for a new provision (My job role used to consist highly of placing order/chasing orders so I saw appointment availability a lot).
I understand it's frustrating, but I can assure you we don't restrict customers to weekday appointments because we want to, it is because of the appointment availability we are given to choose from.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dgolubev

Re: Disappointing service: Why I should lose money to allow to you make money on me?

Thank you for your answer.
1) I definitely sure you have ability to send engineer in Saturday. It just cost for your company a bit more than in weekday. So you prefer make economy on me.
2) Ok, I will be happy on refund of money that I lose while I waiting your engineer in weekday.
I pay you for installation 90 GBP, and you will refund me around XXX GBP for half day that I lose at work.
I think it's a fair offer
Dmitry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry Dmitry but that's really not something we're going to do. If you'd like an installation then we need to work to the appointment slots that Openreach dictate. These are weekdays, AM or PM.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I can assure you that I am not lying about this matter. I've attached screen-shots of the appointment availability for both the AM and PM time slots.
We would not compensate for loss of earnings for a fibre installation during the week.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dgolubev

Harry, thank you for answer.
Ok, just please answer on my question "Why I lose money twice, when I not go to work and when I pay to you for installation and broadband."?
I think there would be absolutely other conversation, If I would have terminate contract with your company without penalties.
I reading this forum and I sure if it would be possible to terminate contract  without penalties, quality of communication services in UK jump up on few hundred percents.
Dmitry
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

as has been stated, any loss of money due to you taking time off work is your responsibility, not plusnet.
if those terms are not acceptable to you then you cannot proceed with the installation.