cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing customer service - offline since early hours of yesterday morning

michaeldendulk
Dabbler

Disappointing customer service - offline since early hours of yesterday morning

We woke up on Sunday to find our internet was down. All lights on the BT modem and router are solid green, save the internet light, which is off. Figured it might be a temporary thing, so waited till yesterday afternoon to phone customer support. First called at around 14:15, was told to turn everything off for 30 minutes and some tests would be run. I would be phoned back with the results after the 30 minutes. At 15:15 I was still waiting for the phone to ring, so called up again myself (another 15 minutes on hold). I was told I had been called and they left a message on our answering machine, which was found to be void of any messages. I ran through some fault finding with a new support department employee, though every time I had to do something, he had to put me on hold and go check with ah colleague what exactly could be tried next, suggesting a lack of training/knowledge. It came down to me being asked to connect directly to the BT modem and see if we had an internet connection then, this did not work, at which point the support employee started suggesting this was impossible and that I had to be doing something wrong, though I was following his instructions to the letter, I also later checked via the internet on my phone and I did it correctly. He also started suggesting my computer might be the cause of the problem, highly unlikely, we have quite a few computers connected to the router and none of them work, the internet light is out anyway on the router, so the mere suggestion and the way it was said was borderline offensive to me. He also started to suggest in his manner of talking that I didn't know what I was doing and asked if I could get anybody in that knew more about computers. In the end I just hung up as we were going in circles and I was getting rather angry over how the employee was talking to me, I am not a child. A ticket about the problem was logged in the system in the process, ticket 82121716.
I checked this morning and found no follow up on the ticket. I tethered my mobile phone with my computer and managed to run Plusnet Assist. This suggested an error with the line and logged a new ticket 82171657, which according to the automated message, was escalated. I have only received a few automated responses to this ticket, no progress update or similar.
Could somebody please update me on our issues, I've had to go out an spend money to get 3G internet to tie us over and I would like to have this sorted as soon as possible.
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Disappointing customer service - offline since early hours of yesterday morning

Have you tried calling your home line from your mobile to see if it is ringing in ?
Sometimes BTOR hook another customer up at the cabinet and mess up the existing line / connection of an existing customer.
michaeldendulk
Dabbler

Re: Disappointing customer service - offline since early hours of yesterday morning

We have received several phone calls and called out a few times without issue since the internet connection dropped...
We keep getting a 'concentrator unreachable' error when running the network test on the router. Several older posts on these forums heavily suggest it is an issue with the line that needs to be sorted by BTOR and/or Plusnet.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi michaeldendulk,
I'm really sorry to hear of the loss of broadband service you're experiencing. I've had a look into your account and I can see that Ticket: 82171657 is in hand with our Faults Team. I've arranged for a member of this team to provide an update on the Ticket by the end of the day today. Please monitor for a response on there.
michaeldendulk
Dabbler

Issue still ongoing. Accidentally closed ticket 82171657 trying to check for updates on my phone, so I had to make a new ticket. Rather sho ked to see average ticket response time is currently over 31 hours. Don't really want to call again aftef how far it got me on Sunday...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi michaeldendulk,
I've informed our Faults team and asked that they update you as soon as possible. Sorry for the long response time you've experienced. Please monitor your account for further updates.