cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derisory Goodwill Offer

gnvqsos

Derisory Goodwill Offer

I managed to alter terms of contract.The person I spoke to did not email me with confirmation as explicitly requested.I phoned today,and was kept waiting 20 minutes.The call-handler failed to apologise for delay,and when challenged politely he claimed he had no insight into waiting times.I explained that the email had not arrived and he contradicted me stating it was sent out.

I spoke to a manager about the missing emaIl,and raised issue of waiting times.It transpired that call-handlers do know how long people wait,and in fact the person had lied to me.I also mentioned that the email was misleading as it began"A question has been raised..."The email did refer to the new contract in the small print.I suggested that Plusnet train staff to be honest,and modify their communications.All in all I spent 58 minutes sorting out a matter and was initially offered a goodwill gesture of a free moth of broadband(Value £4.99) which was later doubled.I explained I had offered much constructive feedback and that £5 for an hours work was unfair remuneration.

I do intend to lodge a formal complaint about the lies I was told as well as complaining about misleading advice about contract termination.I was told wrongly that adding on a new feature like mobiles or international calls was a contractual change-when in fact it is an amendment and does not extend the contract.Basically the staff are not trained adequately.,and customers are being treated dismissively by the organisation.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Derisory Goodwill Offer

Welcome to the community forums @gnvqsos and apologies for the delay in responding to your thread.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had. I feel that the gesture of goodwill we've offered is fair and proportionate for the inconvenience caused. Compensating your time isn't something we can do I'm afraid.

I can see we've also passed internal feedback on to the relevant people too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnvqsos

It has taken along tome for your response.If you  believe that an offer of under £5 is fair for over an hour spent resolving issues then you must be an advocate of low wages.I presume your role as a moderator is remunerated on similar lines-not1

Mav
Fixes: 515

@gnvqsos Gandalf is staff. Moderators are customers just like yourself.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gnvqsos

Thanks for the correction.So Gandalf ,being staff is unlikely to behave in  a neutral,objective manner,which makes any contribution made somewhat questionable and compromised.