cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay getting broadband – tedious messages and a moan about money

rogerfr

Delay getting broadband – tedious messages and a moan about money

The shortest tale to report is that I called to upgrade to fibre in January, paid the extra cost immediately and was finally connected in March. The speed is now excellent but is that how the billing works?

The full tale of my upgrade would be tedious but it started well or so I thought. I called and heard the service would be connected next week. Days later I'm connected to fibre. More days later a modem arrived but after many speed tests I concluded that fibre wasn't connected.

Over the weeks that followed I learn the order wasn't set up properly, there’s confusion over an address, an over-capacity cabinet and on and on. I guess stuff happens.

Over these many messages if one person at Plusnet had followed them from the beginning, they could have realised that I might be unimpressed by now. This is my second ‘product change’ in ten years - both changes were ordeals and I look forward for this contract to run to term.

Incidentally along the way I started to think that there’s something amiss with the talk on help desk messages. I had so many I collected a few below. Do add your own or join me in a campaign for straight talk. Even proper like.

NOT YORKSHIRE HELPDESK MESSAGES

• “I am closing this fault down as there isn't a fault on the line”
  • “Your router has been deleted”
  • “I am getting this escalated to our Provisioning team”
  • “Question 118931906 has been updated”
  • “Question 118931906 has been closed”

DAFT HELPDESK MESSAGE REPETITION

Subject: Your broadband product change is now complete

Your broadband product change is now complete. Here's what you need to know

---

Hello xx,

Your product change is now complete, here are the details

ANOTHER EXAMPLE TO REPEAT THE POINT. IN CASE YOU MISSED IT 

Subject: Question 118931906 is now on hold until 18/02/16

Question 118931906 is now on hold until 18/02/16

We can't answer Question 118931906 at the moment.

We've placed it on hold until Thursday 18th February 2016. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

---

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 18th February at 7:00am.  Kind regards ...