Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damn DLM

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Damn DLM

Quote from: spraxyt
I remember seeing somewhere that a "fixed" 888 upstream speed means you are one of the chosen ones. I think it's a 21CN DLM bug that caps upstream at 888 when interleaving is on - but only affects some users.
Is there a fix for this as I got my Upload uncapped but Its stuck at 888? I don't want Interleaving off so does this mean I am stuck with this BUG?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry, I believe BT didn't accept it was a bug though one sees lots of posts mentioning exactly that upload speed.
David
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Perhaps when everyone catches on they might do something about It.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Perhaps it has similar origins to the maximum downstream sync of 7616kbps (on up to 8M maxADSL) that occurs with some router/DSLAM combinations on interleaved lines.
David
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I never encountered that with my Netgear DGN1000, Always had 8128 down, I cant complain, I am getting top notch download speeds now and got my upstream uncapped  but sticking at 888, Better than some people so I best not complain Grin
Edit, Its also better than what I had. Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well my upload has budged up from 888 overnight, I am on the fastest profile plusnet can offer now I think. See screenshot.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Well its got to be said, I AM AMAZED.....  Since I started this thread where the DLM put me on a 3dB margin, I have had 1 RESYNC!!!!  I cant believe it to be honest.  Sync has stayed at 8232Down with the standard Grin 888 upload....  Margin at times drops to 0.5 but line still stays up...  I know I will pay for this now, and have a spate of resync events Roll_eyes ::), but......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Good news Penfold Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

can you tell me if it is possible to put me on a open profile  removing the dlm from my line. either now or on conpleation of the training period
i was on 20 century connection and was told that on 20 century connection there was no option to join the snr/dm trials.
and that if i transferd over to 21 century adsl2 i would be able to go on a open profile basically stopping the dlm interfering with my line and able
be to get the best connection on my line using my router to get the best stable connection without the inefrerance of the dlm and using a
snr to get the best speed with the line
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

BLUECRUISER2,
Yes, we should be able to arrange this for you. Can I ask what you reasoning is behind the request?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

hi thank you for the prompt reply.
i have a long line and am trying to establish a 2mb  or just over connection for streaming,
and can bring down the snr a little to give me that connection or a little over,
the down side with the dlm it drops the  profile rate if i have a connection drop,
i am quite happy to exspect and understand the ocasional line drop.
and by having a  open profile say from 0.5 to 3.5 rhis would enable me to manage
my connection without intefearence from the dlm
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

do i have to wait till the training finishes to request this and when is it to finish please
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The training period is 10 days from 20CN to 21CN transfer. I suspect Plusnet might prefer to let that finish before moving you to a fixed profile. Presumably that period should finish in two or three days?
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

BLUECRUISER2,
Being honest here having fixed DLM can also cause issues so I would recommend letting the training complete and then see how things go for a few days first.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team