cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO customer service not read what is in the ticket?

Bud
Grafter

DO customer service not read what is in the ticket?

Had a fault in which my line wasnt dropping sync nor the PPP session but was suffering no data transfer and according to plusnets visual radius was dropping the connection a lot.  I believed that this was an exchange fault as I knew other people on the same exchange having the same problem but as nothing was showing on the exchange checker I called support and explained the situation and was told as the BT system was showing no issues with the exchange it was pureley a coincidence that others was having the exact same issue at the exact same time.
The support agent seemed to think interleaving would help fix the problem and when ahead and placed an order for it even though for some reason it was allready active on the line.  On challenging the support agent he couldnt see why it was needed and said as soon as they fault looks stabalised it would be removed from the line.
Anyway yesterday afternoon it looks as if the issue has gone I get a message back on the ticket that it looks like its solved and to monitor it.  I replied asking for interleaving to be turned off as what was discussed via the phone call only to get this back this morning
We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem.

And it looks like yet another order has been placed to turn it on despite BT rejecting the previous one to turn it on because its allready on which is going to drag this on into next week and could have been avoided if the support person had actually read what was asked.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: DO customer service not read what is in the ticket?

The order to place interleaving on the line wasn't performed by a support agent, it was automated. When certain types of faults get raised (this one is classed as intermittent due to the logic that looks at our RADIUS logs for disconnections) there are some automated steps to try and resolve the issue, for intermittent connections one of those steps is for interleaving to be added.
I've just taken a look at our RADIUS logs now and the disconnections we were seeing is no longer happening and as you said it appears resolved.
We'll place an order to remove interleaving and that'll complete on Monday morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bud
Grafter

Its all very well its automated but that doesnt explain why someone else has resubmitted the order after me asking for it to be turned off? Or is that automated as well?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've placed an order to turn interleaving off on your line, the has been turned on through our automated faults system. It will now be removed and we'll progress with your fault report.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Its all very well its automated but that doesnt explain why someone else has resubmitted the order after me asking for it to be turned off?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear first time. Nobody has resubmitted the order, it was completely automated due to the ticket queue it's gone into.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bud
Grafter

Even though it has an agents name attached to it saying I have submitted an order to turn it on this morning at 08:27 with an order reference of 1-13QGVI1?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
Apologies, the automated system placed the original order which failed and sent us an automated message to inform us, a colleague then placed the order to put it back on(which I've cancelled).
It was on a seperate ticket to the one you've raised but I will make them aware of the additional notes you supplied in regards to not turning it on.
Chris