cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support stats-total fiction? & broadband activated 5 days ago still n/f

meldrew

Customer support stats-total fiction? & broadband activated 5 days ago still n/f

I was informed on Friday that my broadband has been actived 5 days ago and still doesn't work (DSL shows okay, ATM & PPP fail). Raised a support ticket, went through all the suggested diagnostics. Copied and pasted the exact error message the router gives. I've now not heard anything for 2 days. Is anyone even investigating the issue? I decide to give PlusNet support a call. It tells me that there's a 15 minute wait in the queue.
That's strange - according to the Customer Support Stats page, the the longest wait at the moment is 2 minutes 45 seconds, not 15 minutes. Also the longest time for 'Question Handling Statistics' is 7 hours. I've now been waiting 51 hours!  Angry
This leads me to believe that the stats page is completely fictional. I might as well think of a number and double it.
I just want to know that someone is doing SOMETHING to fix my issue!
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Customer support stats-total fiction? & broadband activated 5 days ago still n/f

Sorry to hear about your connection problems, I'll take a look at your ticket and see what's going on.
That's strange - according to the Customer Support Stats page, the the longest wait at the moment is 2 minutes 45 seconds, not 15 minutes.

The message on the phone is recorded manually as the call queue increases, if there is an influx of calls then it's added by a manager. I'll reiterate that they need to make sure to take this off when the queue drops again.
Also the longest time for 'Question Handling Statistics' is 7 hours. I've now been waiting 51 hours! 

The timescale for tickets quoted is the average not the longest, however as your issue is a fault the normal ticket times aren't the same. 
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Customer support stats-total fiction? & broadband activated 5 days ago still n/f

I've just passed your ticket back, as it's an authentication problem we need you to try a couple of test logins. The details are on the ticket, if you can let us know either on the ticket or in here when you've been able to try them and which, if any, of them worked we'll continue investigating.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
meldrew

I updated the ticket at 9am this morning, but I'll add it here too in case this will speed things up. None of the test logins worked and after using my details again, still nothing. Always reports the same error message (either ''Unable to send loopback cell' or 'no ATM activity detected'). Do these 2 messages really mean authentication failure?
meldrew

A day and a half since I updated PN to say that their suggestion was useless. What is the average response time to fault ticket updates?
Also, tomorrow it will be a week since I received an email to say my broadband was activated and I'm paying for that week but not getting anything - what's the procedure to get a refund/compensation?
Richard
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi meldrew,
Thanks for testing that, I'll do some investigation for you now and get this escalated. Sorry for the delay.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, three different one shot checks run on the line and each one showed the equipment in the exchange as being in use. I've raised it up to BT and will check for updates later on this afternoon, I'll post back when we have an update.
meldrew

The last update to my ticket  says 'Please action', which implies that someone within PN needs to deal with this. Upon phoning this afternoon, allegedly someone is actively contacting BT about my issue. Shouldn't this be recorded in the ticket? There is other information marked as internal after all...
James
Grafter

I've passed your fault back to BT.
I'll get Matt to check it before he goes home (I'm off early today).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Meldrew,
I've had a look and the fault has come back from BT, though nothing to report. It'll be going back to BT shortly and there'll be more to report tomorrow.
meldrew

Thanks for your help with this.  Smiley That report should have been yesterday - anything happening?
Richard
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Meldrew,
Looks like BT are wanting to send an engineer out to you. As soon as you let us know when you're available we'll get it booked.
meldrew

Right. So after the message here in the forum, I had an updated ticket to say that PN want me to double check all the previous diagnostics and if still the same, a BT engineer needs to come and check things out. I needed to give times/dates that would be convienent. I reply to say that anytime is fine as there's always someone at home if not me.
The next day there's a message in the ticket to say that the fault code has changed and when I get back from work I find my Mum has had a call from soneone wanting to speak to me and would phone back after 5. This didn't happen.
I come back last night to find that the broadband is working fine. I've had it plugged in exactly the same for days now. Presumably the fault has been fixed by either BT or PN, but I don't actually know as the ticket hasn't been updated to say anything (again the last comment is a cryptic fault code message "Changed fault code to no RAS connection.. Router in sync and not TAM enabled.").
I work in IT support and if I communicated with customers like PN seem to do I would be sacked! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that my broadband is now working ;D, but the communication is terrible. I get much better information from the forum here, yet I seem to remember reading somewhere that this isn't officially monitored by PN...
Comments welcome.
James
Grafter

I get paid to read this forum (it's practically all I do most of the time), so it's pretty close to being an official resource.
I'm sorry that you felt the communication was poor, but I'm certainly glad to see that things are working again.
meldrew

Certainly the ticket handling is poor, but as for response here in the forum it seems very good. I feel if I hadn't posted here, then I'd still be in a position where my braodband was dead, so thank you  Wink
Richard