cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support - credit where it's due

mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Customer support - credit where it's due

I was a fairly long term Plusnet customer but left x number of years ago to go to BT as they had FTTC available before Plusnet. As I live very rural at the end of overhead lines the extra speed was useful. I left with regret at that time as due to lots of weather related line issues I was in fairly frequent contact with CS, they were always great at that time.

So I was really pleased to return to Plusnet 18 months ago, price was right and my at the time provider had offshore CS which is a struggle accent/language both ways.

So this week I've had a couple of issues. First we had a storm locally, internet on/off all evening and phone/internet kaput the following day. One call to CS on a Sunday morning, quick check by the CS guy determined the fault was on the line and it was a we'll take it from here response, target is to have it fixed within 3 days. It actually took 6 days but obviously that was BT and its contractors fix time which is no reflection on Plusnet. Actually BT were out within 2 days and the job needed quite a bit of work requiring traffic management and a cherry picker. So well done all round to Plusnet/BT/Openreach and their contractors. 

Then I had a billing issue, I'd agreed to contract extension at a discounted rate. When I got my bill notification I was unsure as to the time period it was for but thought it should have been at my new discounted rate. CS (Thanks Alice) picked up on a forum question and that has now been resolved with a refund initiated. All in all top service I'd say.

Then out of the blue I got a small parcel in the post this morning, a bar of chocolate to say sorry for the billing issue (Unnecessary but thanks again Alice) Like I say unnecessary as I was already feeling good about the overall Plusnet service.

I appreciate not everyone has such a good CS experience but thanks to everyone involved for sorting out my small issues this week.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Labels added after move to Plusnet Feedback.

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Customer support - credit where it's due

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Everything Else to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Customer support - credit where it's due

Cheers for the feedback, I'm sorry you've had problems but I'm glad to see they resolved as best as we could given the circumstances. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet