cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer services excellent. Faults team .... well erm... awful.

tigerant

Customer services excellent. Faults team .... well erm... awful.

Currently the BB connection to my house has a problem where the IP profile seems to be stuck compared to the sync rate.
This was raised yesterday through a forum and Joanne Pilson (Jojo) from customer services was fantastic. She responded quickly and kept me informed of what was happening. She passed the issue to the Faults team today via a help assistant ticket #38561900. She suggested they 'try running the OSC in 30 minutes, if fault continues please report this fault as performance problem.'
The customer stats published state questions raised through the help assistant are solved within 4 hours.  12 hours later no response, so I rang and spoke to Maggie. She told me the faults team will take up to 72 hours to look at the ticket. The 4 hours starts from when they look into the issue. Therefore how long this will really take to get the issue resolved is anyone's guess.
So what I have seen so far is Plusnet Customer services (aka Jojo) has been excellent, thank you. Plusnet Faults team has not responded at all, not looked at the issue and could clearly learn a lot from Customer services.
If anyone from management reads this then please either confirm if the Faults team is woefully understaffed, or if they need training from customer services.

Best regards,
John
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Customer services excellent. Faults team .... well erm... awful.

Hi tigerant,
Unfortunately it can take a little longer for our faults team to address tickets than customer services, but that's more down to the amount of work needed on each ticket than the number of staff we have. I'd be surprised if your ticket isn't picked up today (please bear in mind it was only raised and passed to the faults team at lunchtime yesterday) but if not I'll make sure to give it a kick for you.
sammieblue
Grafter

I think I would have to agree with tigerant
I get great support on here but when something is referred to the Fault's Team everthing slows to a crawl
Have been waiting since Thursday early afternoon for a response & have now been suffering from slow download speeds (0.5mb) for a week  Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

sammieblue,
I get great support on here but when something is referred to the Fault's Team everthing slows to a crawl

With that in mind the best thing to do is post on here you feel that you are not getting anywhere with support. I can see that Joanne has already flagged your issue with the faults team but I'll make sure someone looks at this today for you.
Adam.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tigerant

Left the router on and over the weekend the IP profile got reset. Whether by the faults team or BTw magic, who knows.
However thank you to whoever got it fixed and especially to Jojo of customer services who did the important thing of keeping me up to date of what was going on.
In short the faults team may be fixing issues but they are talking to people and so we cannot see any progression and get hacked off.
Talk to us, we wont bite (well not usually)
John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like the SNR reset did the job in the end, I'll certainly pass on your regards but do shout up if you start to have problems again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team

I have recently had issues with the Fault Team when I reported being unable to connect my old laptop via WEP encryption wireless.
Pleasant enough when you ring the first one told me to do all sorts of things I had already done but then insisted if I rebooted everything would work fine and ended the call.  Of course it didn't, so another call and this time someone different who connected remotely and after 35 minutes gave up saying it looked as if my wireless card was faulty.  I had also asked questions on the website and got a reply to say I needed to purchase a wireless adaptor.  Spent £18 still wouldn't work phoned again someone else connected remotely and still couldn't get it to work and after pleading by me agreed to send a replacement router. (All the others said it couldn't possibly be the router).
Router arrived.......connected no problems at all without the wireless adaptor and having set the router to WEP encryption.
Answering the phone I'll give them 10 out of 10, but if I had not of pushed for a replacement router I would have spent out a lot of money on a new wireless card as well as the £18 I didn't need to on a wireless adaptor.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You shouldn't be using WEP, it's far, far too easily hacked.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I wouldn't worry too much about using WEP but it isn't the most secure way of authenticating over wireless. Try setting your router to WPA instead.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team

Bright Spark I am using WEP because the laptop is old and that is all it supports.  I have no personal info on there just use it occasionally for some browsing. 
Adam thanks I know how to reset the Router to WPA if I were to upgrade my laptop.
The point you both missed was the misinformation given to me by the support team and their blind belief that the Router could not possibly be faulty which is what the problem was all along.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That didn't go missed, I'm sorry I obviously forgot to comment on that issue. I have fed back to the individuals involved about this. Please accept our apologies for the misadventure you were given.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team