cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service on hold times.

tooslow
Grafter

Customer service on hold times.

I am sure this has been mentioned many times before, but is there not a way to improve the waiting times - maybe a ring back - or queue number system? To wait up to 30 minutes with unbearable call waiting music blaring down the phone line is a tad annoying.  Shocked
15 REPLIES 15
davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: Customer service on hold times.

it is to long to stay on the phone i been on a call to plusnet for like 45 mins on hold before you get to someone thats why i am moveing to a other provider and plusnet routers i do not like one bit
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the suggestions guys and really sorry about any long wait times you're seeing.
plusnet routers i do not like one bit

Let us know if you have any specific feedback about our hardware please @davidwalker900
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidwalker900
Grafter

one no (1000 mbps ports) and from the late posts on the router does not last long is not good for plusnet
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Undecided Undecided Undecided

Wasn't the Leeds Call Centre supposed to solve some of the problems with long waits? What's happened to Leeds?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Who knows, it does seem like its the exact same situation with wait times, as it was before the Leeds office was opened (October 2013)
Not enough staffing levels, compared to customer growth/demand for support.
So much for, give us time.
PN how much more time do you expect it will take, to bring wait times down to a more reasonable level ?
PN must have one of the longest average  wait times within the industry, although when you do get through its to a knowledgeable person ( most of the time )
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

warbleeder
Grafter

Quote from: davidwalker900
one no (1000 mbps ports) and from the late posts on the router does not last long is not good for plusnet

i got a netgear WNR1000 ive had it since plusnet fiber trials... and its still going strong..... although i got to admit the techni ones are carp
also they have both sheffield and leeds call centers but it seems they just didnt increase the amount of staff ... who know what you got to do for a job there but i applied twice once for CSR (billing etc) and other for tech and both times i got declined .... although i am very knowledgeable when it comes to computers
tooslow
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Thanks for the suggestions guys and really sorry about any long wait times you're seeing.
plusnet routers i do not like one bit

Let us know if you have any specific feedback about our hardware please @davidwalker900

So what do Plusnet plan to do to improve call waiting times? 20 -45 minutes on hold just to speak to someone is RIDICULOUS for a UK call centre service. Please offer some planned improvements.
JustinSmith

I`ve just tried phoning Plusnet and was told the waiting time was one hour, one bleedin` hour ! How appalling is that ! !
I then tried E mailing Plusnet and all I could get was some poxy contrived software programme "Ask Jess". I tried for what seemed far too long trying to get round the inestimable Jess, but no luck, I couldn`t find any E mail address at all on the Plusnet website. Is there one on there ? If so I can`t find it.....
When we joined Plusnet their customer service was good, now it`s even worse than Talk Talk`s, and that`s saying something.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The way to contact them is via questions or tickets
Click on Help and Support and you get this http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Jim i understand your link , BUT if you ask a question ,,, once again the reply time or action time is  Undecided Undecided Undecided
PN opened the leeds center to shorten the call wait times ! which has not happened !! pointing  customers to a  link that takes longer action is not the way to shorten call wait times .
i joined PN for the UK  centers NOT the LONG on hold times  fortunately i have had no need to ring lately , but i did ring HMRC today only on hold for 13 mins
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JustinSmith

Quote from: Oldjim
The way to contact them is via questions or tickets
Click on Help and Support and you get this http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop

Thank you for your answer.
I must confess I was on that page last night, but it`s most definitely not clear which link you click on to actually E Mail Plusnet.......
I clicked on the most obvious one marked "E MAIL". But that just tells you about setting up an E Mail account ! ! !
Where abouts on that page do you click in order to actually E Mail Plusnet ? ! ?
Or is it like PayPal (not a company whose customer service PlusNet should be trying to emulate) where you have to click through a load of FAQ filters and annoying  "Ask Jessie"  software programmes before the system will deign to allow you to actually E Mail them ? If that`s the case Plusnet is not a company I want to be doing business with. Even BT or Talk Talk weren`t as bad as that. When we were first looking to swap phone provider we wanted someone with good service and at that time Plusnet gave it, now they don`t, it`s a completely different company.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@justinsmith -as said earlier -you CAN'T email them!! You have to wait in the phone q or submit a ticket -both of which are slower than snail mail at the moment............ and have been for months and months and ......................
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi JustinSmith,
You were in the right place, if you choose the topic relating to the query you have you'll be given some help pages, or an option to ask your question to the support team. Alternatively you could start a new thread in the forum and we can help from here?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JustinSmith

So what you`re saying is that it is like PayPal ! They force you to go through a load of FAQs etc trying desperately to avoid you E mailing them (that takes up their valuable time and I`m only a customer.....) before at the end, reluctantly allowing you to send them an E mail.
When will you people learn, technology is no substitute for staff (assuming they know what they`re doing) ?
jim:quote