cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Survey

Mav
Fixes: 515

Customer Survey

Received an email this afternoon requesting I complete a survey after my contact with retentions yesterday which I was more than happy to do.
But there is a small issue which makes it difficult to complete the survey properly:
Q7. All in all, how likely would you be to recommend our service to a colleague, relative or friend?

I ticked: Extremely Likely.
Q8 then doesn't make any sense as it asks (my bold):
Why would you not recommend our service?

I know the space can be left blank (which I did) but bearing in mind my answer to the previous question it really didn't make much sense.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

9 REPLIES 9
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Customer Survey

Surely Q8 is only there to follow on from Q7 if the answer  was "not likely"?
If that's the case then it has to be there for that reason? Smiley If Q8 were not here how would PN know why someone is unlikely to recommend their service and possibly act on it if enough people gave the same reason.
However, with respect to your Q7 answer, as you say, not relevant.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

No I don't agree, there will be circumstances where I won't recommend Plusnet, despite my answer to Q7.
I found the same thing as Mav, that Q8 wasn't entirely appropriate the way I'd answered Q7, because of the way Q8 was phrased. However I did give an honest answer to Q8.
As you have started this thread Mav, it would seem pointless me starting another at some stage to make some further comments.
Like you, I had the email (& SMS) no problem with that. However, when I clicked the link it told me I'd already completed the questionnaire - which of course I hadn't. I had completed one some while ago.
Being wise to such things (the average customer won't be), I thought there's some damn cookies hanging around. Went in search and deleted them. Hey presto, I could complete the questionnaire.
I've visited a few websites this morning and had pop-ups about cookies which reminds me about my next point. There was no warning that the questionnaire uses cookies contra current regulations.
So Plusnet, you have 3 problems. Q8 needs slight rephrasing. You need a cookie warning, and the cookies must be made session cookies not permanent ones, or at any rate they should have an expiry of a couple of days not many months.
James
Grafter

I think this is due to an enforced change in the survey software we use.
If you said likely to the recommending question, you wouldn't be asked the follow up question.  Now that Zoomerang (old survey) has been taken over by Survey Monkey (new survey people) it sounds as though that's not happening.
Hope that clarifies the confusion!
Anotherone
Champion

You may not have seen my reply whilst compiling yours James. If you did however, I don't agree as stated.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Actually, Q8 is quite an important question as far as PlusNet is concerned.
Even if you said "YES" to Q7 ..... You might recommend PN because you have "generally" had a good experience with them, and their customer services, etc.... However, their might have been the odd moment, when you thought,.... this isn`t right.... I don`t like the way PlusNet are doing this... to me.. to other customers, or whatever,... so, you have the chance to tell PlusNet about it, in the reply you compose for Q8...
in my present case, the answer would be,
Q8.  Why would you not recommend our service?

"Because they don`t use emai/online/ticket system to contact the retention team when "thinking about leaving"...
It is only a "minor" problem, ( and an example answer in this case)  with PlusNet, but they might just consider it to be of sufficient importance, if they get several similar responses to Q8..
Mav
Fixes: 515

Perhaps Q8 could be worded something like:
Based on your answer to Q7 please state any reasons you may have for not recommending PlusNet to a colleague, relative or friend.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anotherone
Champion

Although James Bailey posted here, judging by the phrasing of his post, feedback on the points raised has not been made. Would Plusnet care to address that.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Jameseh
Now that Zoomerang (old survey) has been taken over by Survey Monkey (new survey people) it sounds as though that's not happening.

Hope that means you're paying them peanuts  ;D, at least until the issue is fixed.
Any confirmation that it's being addressed please Plusnet?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
parrotpotty01

I think 'shutter' got the right idea...
Haha! Hey w23 .. you only give a monkey 'peanuts' once he 'gets something right!' (i did laugh at your comment tho, so thanks for makin my day!) Grin