cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support Staff not reading what is being written in the ticket.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Customer Support Staff not reading what is being written in the ticket.

ticket 141412582 : opened Saturday 7 Jan 2017

from PN :2:47pm, Tuesday 14th March :

• Confirmation of whether you have advised the customer to turn their router off: Yes
• The date and time at which the dial test should be conducted: 17/03/17 – 18:00
• Which issue the customer is experiencing. Data transfer issues - packet loss

From PN : 1:34am, Wednesday 15 Mar 2017: I have come to run the dial test this evening but unfortunately you have left your equipment connected, this means we are unable to run dial tests. Please disconnect the equipment after 10PM to 6AM and we will try again.

From PN : 9:05am, Thursday 16 Mar 2017 : Active connection, static IP address. Unable to dial test. Please contact to confirm when equipment will be switched off.

------------

Why were you trying to run Dial tests in the middle of the night and then at 9am in the morning when it had been arranged for 6pm on Friday 17th? Each time I'm contacted by PN about this ticket they talk about slow speeds and disconnects?

The problem from the start has been packet loss and break up of the IPTV service.

All the kit has been replaced, the master socket has been replaced, apart from the drop cable from the top of the house to the Master socket I'm on a clean pair of wires right back to the cabinet.

Can I get someone on this ticket to get it sorted out?

And why aren't I getting notifications when this ticket has been updated - I was unaware of the updates by PN since I last looked at it because I got no notifications

8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Customer Support Staff not reading what is being written in the ticket.

Hmm, I'm unsure as to why you were advised a dial test can be done in the evening.

Dial tests are always performed overnight by our 24/7 team. If you haven't already, I'd advise to update your ticket with a night where you're able to turn your router off. 

I'll look into why you're not getting notifications by email once I'm back in the office on Sunday.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
SteveA
Pro

I've no idea why - I've no idea what a dial test is or what it does and it looks like the CSM didn't know either, and how its supposed to fix this on-going problem - which is breakup on the IPTC channels...

SteveA
Pro

@Anoush  I phoned customer support and after a long wait got trhough and managed to talk to someone who actually seemed to understand the problem. He has cancelled the dial test and is going to get the ticket over to the TV support team.

But this really should not be taking this long....

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

A dial test is where we try to replicate the problem you're having using a test account. I believe it's done overnight when the network is at its quietest.

I can see you've spoken to one of my colleagues and he's pointed the ticket to our TV faults team. I'd expect it to be picked up over the next few days. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
SteveA
Pro

@Anoush  I know why I'm not getting notification emails.

I've moved my domain over to FVS and their mail relay system is rejecting  emails from www-data@workplace11.servers.plus.net ( which is the support ticket email system) because the address doesn't verify.

FVS's official reply was:

You're getting "451 unable to verify sender" because of the sender verification checks undertaken by the recipient. The sender verification checks by asking the transmitting mail server if the from address of the email exists on it., which it doesn't so sender verification fails and the mail doesn't arrive

Not sure how you can fix this but .......

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Oh dear - a little off topic, but this also has scepters of not implementing support for SPF records in DNS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I believe that if there is no SPF record then the email message would be seen as neutral and shouldn't be rejected. The problem occurs when there is a record and it doesn't match so ultimately it's seen as bad and thus rejected.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Anouilh,

I think that is should be seen as neutral.  In the absence of SPF records, email servers can acquire poor reputations for spam generation.  Implementation would go a long way towards killing off email address spoofing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.