cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Services phone line waiting time too long

DKP
Dabbler

Customer Services phone line waiting time too long

I've wasted an hour this morning trying to get through on three separate occasions going past the 'average waiting time' on the fantasy statistics webpage. I'm moving house and have been told in an email to phone... or try to phone. But PlusNet isn't on the other end to speak.
All you get is canned pop music which fades out tantalisingly to make you think that a human being is going to speak, and then fades back in making you sink deeper in despondency in this mechanised nightmare.
I've raised a complaint to try and get someone to phone me back.
8 REPLIES 8
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Customer Services phone line waiting time too long

Hi DKP,
I'm sorry to hear of the wait times you've experienced. We are aware of the issues and we are working on improving the wait times during core hours.
I've arranged for a member from the relevant team to contact you to discuss moving house. Please expect a call later this afternoon.
DKP
Dabbler

Thank you. I think that an automated message "average waiting time is currently x minutes, longest waiting time is z minutes, you've been on for y minutes" would be very useful instead of the nasty canned pop music peppered with teasing fade-outs to get the customer's adrenalin going.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ensure it gets passed on for you!
DKP
Dabbler

Actually, I've just discovered it is a waste of time because I need a "LORN" number and my new phone number, and so I cancelled my BT order and replaced it with a new one
I'll wait until I have all the details before contacting PlusNet again, maybe at 7am in the morning!
Doh.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update DKP.
You would have to get a LORN matching number so that we can place the broadband order to match your phone order (so that both complete on the same day), providing we have at least 5 working days notice to place the order.
If you can't get this/don't want to delay the phone service, then you can have the phone line activated/installed first and then provide us with the phone number so we can place our broadband order on the line once it's working. It would then take a minimum of 5 working days for the broadband order to complete or if you're having Fibre installed then this is dependent on engineer availability.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Also, just to make you aware calling at 7am would mean that you wouldn't be able to speak to the house-moves team as they are open 9:00 - 21:00.
DKP
Dabbler

Thanks. I've got a LORN number with my new order. The next Big Thing will be seeing if a BT OverReach/OutOfReach engineer can find our new house; one of our neighbours had to wait 3 months and threaten BT with the Small Claims court before he got connected!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great DKP. Have you spoken to our house moves team regarding this? When is the phone line due to be installed out of interest?