cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

richvr

Re: Customer Service

Another long rambling moan!

Well said Tim, I too am appalled by the diabolically poor level of customer service. Having been in an IT related  customer service environment for most of my working life. the 15 minutes on hold to speak to someone who will then talk down to me as if I'd never touched a computer before has been the norm for me. The only time I have managed to get through to someone fairly quickly was when I first signed up with Plusnet, everything after that was a mess.

Now that I have cancelled my contract with them, and after their final bill has been settled, I am being bombarded with emails and text messages telling me that my direct debit has been cancelled, my new bill is unpaid, my broadband service has been reinstated and so on. I can't see copies of my bills on line so I can't see what they are up to and I refuse to pay a bill without seeing what I'm paying for., so I have instructed my bank to take any further requests to reinstate my cancelled direct debit or to request funds as attempted fraud, and they should deal with the people making the request accordingly which they have assured me they will.

Do me proud ... you're having a laugh!

t999
Dabbler

>You've been here how many years?

4 or 5 I imagine, can't remember

>And you only join the forum to have a rant and even then post it on the wrong part!

Yes, i believe I said that previously I'd regarded the customer service as excellent, iff they reinstated the ticket system it might get back there.

To state that I posted it in the wrong place means you to know why i posted it. I suspect you are making an incorrect assumption that i should have ported in the support area because it concerned support?

My intention was actually to make a comment regarding support which would be widely read, I'd already found out that they'd forgotten to send the router so I had no need of further support althouigh one of the posts did direct me to a site i wasn't aware of where I could see the other side of the order. Judging from the responses (yours excepted) I posted it in the correct place for my purpose.

>It's not like you've ever expressed interest in being part of the gang previously so why would you expect us to forgive you?

I have no interest now, it's called irony, the use of opposite language to that intended for humerous effect. I doubt I;ll read or reply to any other threads and when I get bored with this one I'll just switch off and go away. Don;t worry, it won.t take long.

>when you don't get your way... well go and take it out on plusnets other subscibers

I hardly took it out on anyone, i warned youi I was going to rant and it'd be long, you can always not read it. May i suggest you ignore any future posts from me rather than have them upset you, I promise I won't be offended. Please feel free not to waste your time replying.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@t999 - Hello. Really sorry to read of the issues that you've had.

Personally, I think 'refund' would have been a better term. GWG is one of those terms that tends to get thrown around call centres quite a bit, and tends to lose a bit of meaning in my opinion.

I think it's only fair that I refund you the £6.99 P+P as a nondescript action of some sort, as we didn't really deliver it on time. I'll get the ball rolling for you on that one.

I'm now waiting for a moderator to tell me that my sarcasm is 'abuse' at which point I will start to discuss the semantics of the English language until they get sufficently annoyed with me that I get banned.

Suuuuure, that'd be a great idea, one of the best I've heard all day Roll_eyes

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@t999 wrote:

I hardly took it out on anyone, i warned youi I was going to rant and it'd be long, you can always not read it. May i suggest you ignore any future posts from me rather than have them upset you, I promise I won't be offended. Please feel free not to waste your time replying.

you'll learn to ignore 7up.
he thinks he's part of some "gang" here, but there is no "gang".

t999
Dabbler

and thank you for the link, very helpful, it did indeed say the work was not done but was due for today, I've been away for a couple of days and got home to find no connectivity as expected, plugged in tghe new router (which did arrive after they finally remembered to send it)  and with half an hour or so kicking various things we're up and running,

Speed up very slightly but hooping for more as it settles in.

Tim