cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Has Gone Down The Pan. Won't be re-contracting

alexp9991
Hooked

Customer Service Has Gone Down The Pan. Won't be re-contracting

Wow, what a difference a couple of years make. Everything that made PlusNet great seems to have gone out the window.

The old ticketing system was great, could just leave a message at your convenience and it would be answered by a helpful member of the plusnet team. Oh it's ok you have online chat, but wait you don't deal with TV issues on chat. I have been trying for a week to get through to someone about the appalling callout charge for TV but can't get through.

My wife has just spent an hour getting through to someone, who then said they wouldn't speak to her. What? Data protection excuses, rubbish, you are owned by BT and they have none of the same excuses, they quite happily talk to anyone who can clear security.

I have received a totally unacceptable message from Plusnet about a charge for an engineer visit! The engineer notes are utter rubbish, I followed everything you asked having reset the box. The engineer didn't just reset, they used a hidden maintenance menu to format the box, we were with them when we did it. They could see we'd already done a reset as there were no recordings!

The box you've provided has been incredibly unreliable it's not the first time we've had to reset the box, you must be able to see that from your records. Even the engineer said it shouldn't need to keep being reset and if it stops working again after the format, we should ask for a new box. I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the notes.

We are paying for a box that can record, but ultimately it can't be relied upon as we keep loosing the recordings!

I don't expect to be contacted some 2 weeks after an apology email about a £65 charge!

If you do not remove this charge I'll be cancelling my service and telling others to stay clear. Quite the opposite to the high recommendation I'd been giving previously.

13 REPLIES 13
Dolga
Dabbler

Re: Customer Service Has Gone Down The Pan. Won't be re-contracting

Completely agree! Until a year ago I spoke highly of plusnet now they are awful. I've been shouted at on the phone. Called a liar. Lied to and still the problems keep going on and on. I cannot wait to leave. They could give it completely free and would still tell them where to stick it.
Good luck. Hope you get sorted soon!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @alexp9991

alexp9991 wrote:

The old ticketing system was great, could just leave a message at your convenience and it would be answered by a helpful member of the plusnet team. Oh it's ok you have online chat, but wait you don't deal with TV issues on chat. I have been trying for a week to get through to someone about the appalling callout charge for TV but can't get through.

You can still raise tickets for engineer charge disputes Here.

@alexp9991 wrote:

My wife has just spent an hour getting through to someone, who then said they wouldn't speak to her. What? Data protection excuses, rubbish, you are owned by BT and they have none of the same excuses, they quite happily talk to anyone who can clear security.

Although Plusnet and BT Retail are both part of BT Group, we are completely separate companies and as such, things may be different. I'm sorry to say we wouldn't be able to pass our data protection checks based off of information another provider may deem suitable for their data protection checks.

We do provide the account holder with the option to add up to 2 authorised users on their account to call on their behalf, however authorised users would not be able to carry out certain actions on the account (Such as adding additional authorised users, accepting a potential engineer charge, re-contracting, changing the account password or cancelling the account)

alexp9991 wrote:

I have received a totally unacceptable message from Plusnet about a charge for an engineer visit! The engineer notes are utter rubbish, I followed everything you asked having reset the box. The engineer didn't just reset, they used a hidden maintenance menu to format the box, we were with them when we did it. They could see we'd already done a reset as there were no recordings!

What you're describing sounds like a soft factory reset, which should be carried out as part of the troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue before sending an engineer out.

alexp9991 wrote:

Even the engineer said it shouldn't need to keep being reset and if it stops working again after the format, we should ask for a new box. I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the notes.

I agree. Please do let us know if you continue to experience problems after the reset the engineer went through and we'll certainly look in to replacing the box.

@alexp9991 wrote:

I don't expect to be contacted some 2 weeks after an apology email about a £65 charge!

We do advise the following when raising the fault for an engineer visit:

The charge or charges, if applicable, will be added to your standard bill within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property.

We'd always apologise for any inconvenience caused by a fault, however this doesn't necessarily mean we're advising the fault was in our control. The charge would be added by a backend team off the back of a report we'd get from our suppliers advising of chargeable appointments.

@alexp9991 wrote:

If you do not remove this charge I'll be cancelling my service and telling others to stay clear. Quite the opposite to the high recommendation I'd been giving previously.

I am sorry to hear that. I would recommend raising this via the member centre Here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alexp9991
Hooked

Thanks, I've raised a ticket. Why is it impossible to find from the account login? I tried to find it and could only see closed questions with no option to reply, no option to start a new ticktet.

It should be much easier to find, like it used to be. A link from the help pages perhaps. I could have then opened one straight away!

I'll report back with the outcome.

alexp9991
Hooked

So 48hrs and no reply to the ticket. Awesome customer service from the company that "will do you proud".

Hate to think how long this will take, at this rate I might just cut my losses and leave as you want to put the prices up.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the delay, I've flagged this up internally to be looked in to.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alexp9991
Hooked

4 days, still no reply.

After spending a week trying just to get through to someone and failing, it looks like the tickets are just as slow. It never used to be like this.

Assuming it's not resolved in the first reply, does that mean I'm looking at another week or more on from when you do?

I guess it's time to cancel the direct debit and start looking at other suppliers.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

well 4 days and no reply ??  yet support stats say

Capture stats.JPG

Average closure time Target closure time
14 hours, 6 minutes and 55 seconds 24 hours
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Last updated March 9th?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the lack of response to the ticket.

The target closure time is for standard front line tickets, it does state that issues that require other departments may take longer to turnaround.

I expect you'll receive an update early next week.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bluewhale
Rising Star

are you seriously charging for coming out and doing a reset that anyone can do themselves, why are you still not telling people about the other reset methods,including the one that doesn't trash all your recordings???

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

bluewhale
Rising Star

i'm also very disturbed to find out that the ticketing system has been trashed, how long has it been 'slimmed down' for?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@bluewhale wrote:

are you seriously charging for coming out and doing a reset that anyone can do themselves, why are you still not telling people about the other reset methods,including the one that doesn't trash all your recordings???

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

It looks like a factory reset was performed as part of the troubleshooting steps.

In light of this, I have waived the engineer charge.

@bluewhale wrote:

i'm also very disturbed to find out that the ticketing system has been trashed, how long has it been 'slimmed down' for?

@SpendLessTime wrote:

@bluewhale

Over two years now. https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Help-Assistant-removed-unable-to-view-tickets/m-p/120...

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet