cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Options Team offer left me a bit disappointed.

Apprentice
Grafter

Customer Options Team offer left me a bit disappointed.

Got through to the COT in 5 minutes phoned around 3.30pm so that was good.
However the offer I got, same as a new customer but can't get any cashback, wasn't what I was looking for maybe I was too optimistic considering it's a 20CN exchange my line is connected to, so no ADSL2+ or fibre.
Will think about it but I hear that there will be new offers from BT which could undercut PN's current offers.
Will phone COT again might get a better deal from another agent, or might not  Shocked
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Customer Options Team offer left me a bit disappointed.

If you are on a Market 1 exchange you'll probably find you can do better with BT.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

so what exactly are you looking for then?
sounds like you want something for nothing, and it that's the case then i would tough luck.
here's a shocking idea... how about you pay the advertised published price!
do you go into Tesco and ask them on a better price on an item on the shelf?
Apprentice
Grafter

sounds like you want something for nothing

I think something like that's only available to new customers in low cost areas so PN can compete with TalkTalk.
Unlike some others I've been happy with the service from PN but just want to find the best deal available to me from the COT.
Who in their right mind would want to pay the full undiscounted monthly cost when you know many others don't.
chenks76
All Star

Quote from: Apprentice
Unlike some others I've been happy with the service from PN but just want to find the best deal available to me from the COT.

so you're happy with the service but not happy with the price?
or you're happy with both but just chancing your luck at getting something you're happy with at a discounted price?
if PN stopped offering all these discounts and deals then maybe the support levels wouldn't have dropped like a stone due to the amount of discounts they are giving out.
Apprentice
Grafter

if PN stopped offering all these discounts and deals then maybe the support levels wouldn't have dropped like a stone due to the amount of discounts they are giving out

I don't disagree with that sentiment but it will never happen as long as PN is part of BT and the competition still offer even more bundled deals and discounts to new customers and retention deals to existing customers.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: chenks76
if PN stopped offering all these discounts and deals then maybe the support levels wouldn't have dropped like a stone due to the amount of discounts they are giving out.

Possibly, but for now we can just blame the customers for trying to get a good deal by saying that they should be prepared to pay full price?
chenks76
All Star

correct.
today's society is too far down the line of trying to get something for nothing.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
this is moving away from the OPs original point, can we keep it on that topic please.
other discussion looks a more suitable candidate for chit chat Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'