cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Options Team and legacy product

grahamt
Rising Star

Customer Options Team and legacy product

I've been with Plusnet since 2008. From time to time I've changed products, sometimes long after the previous contract had expired. I've never yet used the Customer Options Team, but I'm starting to feel increasingly like a mug for not doing so. When my last Line Rental Saver expired I didn't renew it, partly because it doesn't save as much as it used to, but mainly to give myself more flexibility. I'm increasingly annoyed at the ways in which Plusnet has changed for the worse recently, and I'm seriously thinking of leaving.
No doubt Plusnet would want me to contact the Customer Options Team before leaving. However, I'm wondering if it would be worth it:
- It might waste a lot of my time on the phone (or is the COT, unlike the support line, staffed adequately?)
- They might look at my record and think 'This person's not fickle/disloyal/angry enough to prompt us to make a good offer.'
- I'm currently on the 40/20 'Essentials Fibre' legacy product, and I'm guessing any offer made would downgrade me to 40/2. I could stand 40/10 or welcome the new 55/10 being offered by Openreach, but neither of these is offered by Plusnet.
- And of course, any offer would come with a new contract, probably a long one, that could see me tied to Plusnet as it goes further downhill.
What do people who have used the COT think? Has anyone been able to continue on a legacy product? How good are the offers made, and how does the COT distinguish between people who get good offers and people who don't?
(Yes, I know. I should try it and see. Presumably I could decline any offer that was made and then stay or leave. But I think other people may also be interested in the answers to my questions.)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Customer Options Team and legacy product

Quote from: grahamt
I could stand 40/10 or welcome the new 55/10 being offered by Openreach, but neither of these is offered by Plusnet.

It might be worth waiting until next week, just in case this is true - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4468263-no-isps-offering-5510-product.html#Post4468484  Shocked
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: Customer Options Team and legacy product

Thanks for that link, but other posts in that thread suggest Openreach won't be offering 55/10 to ISPs until 14th March, and then I'm sure it will take some time before ISPs start offering and marketing it. In the past Plusnet has refreshed its product line-up in the summer, though whether the past is a guide with Plusnet these days I don't know.
Still, if and when it is offered it would be something to suggest to the Customer Options Team. Last time I looked, my line could support a downstream speed of 55-60mbps.