cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current full price fibre broadband is less than I am paying - why?

mikecro
Hooked

Current full price fibre broadband is less than I am paying - why?

My monthly bill was increased in August despite being in an 18 month contract. I missed the opportunity to cancel.

Now to add insult to injury the prices (excluding discount) of broadband including line rental to new customers included seem to be more than I'm paying as well.

My monthly bill is:

• Unlimited Fibre (38Mb/s) - £14.99
  • Line Rental - £17.99
  • Call Plan - £6.50

A new customer would be charged:

• Unlimited Fibre inc. Line Rental - £25.00
  • Can't find price for call plan but say its £6.50

This makes the price of my broadband £39.50 per month

The undiscounted price for a new customer is £31.50

Thats a difference of £8 per month and thats way more than even before the price increase.

Anyone from Plusnet care to explain?

Disgruntled and shopping around!

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Current full price fibre broadband is less than I am paying - why?

Hello @mikecro

Sorry to hear your bill has increased. Looking into your account I can see the offer you signed up to was Fibre for £5 per month for 6 months then £14.99 per month thereafter on an 18 month contract.

Once your contract is within the last 3 months if you give us a call on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2) we'll see what new deals we can do for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Deals sadly change all the time for example when signing up to fibre I was considering VM and plusnet. At the time Plusnet were way cheaper but at this current moment in time VM are actually cheaper than Plusnet.

James

mikecro
Hooked

Of course everything you say is true but its what you didnt say that tells the tale.

I'm not complaining about the increase of my broadband from £5pm to £14.99 a month - that was the offer at the time.

I'm complaining that the line rental and call plans increased - and now the combined line rental and broadband is substantially less than I am paying - but Plusnet still felt it necessary to put up my prices mid contract.

Yes, I'm in an 18 month contract - my mistake #1

Yes I let you slip a price increase past me in August - my mistake #2

But if you think I'll be signing up for another 18 month contract - I won't be making mistake #3

Today's Plusnet seems to be a different company than the one I signed up with.

There is something inherently unfair about dropping the [full undiscounted] price for new customers and at the same time increasing the combined price for existing customers.

If you really cared about your customers you would at least give your existing customers an option to move onto the tariff with the inclusive rate for Broadband and Line rental.

Just saying.... I don't think "you've done me proud" on this one Plusnet.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Apologies if the new customer deal appears to be better. As already explained, the deals come and go.

The line rental and broadband are still part of the bundled price. All that's really changed is that the cost is now one charge instead of two.

As for the price increase, we would have sent you an email notifying you, allowing you 30 days to pursue a better deal or to leave with no early termination charges.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It's not a "full undiscounted" price for new customers - it's a discounted price for the first 18 months, which is the same length as the contract. After the 18 months, the price goes up to the full undiscounted £14.99 price for Unlimited Fibre.