cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could this be a parting of the ways after donkey's years??

pontyslapper
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Could this be a parting of the ways after donkey's years??

Just had five minutes to read my end of contract review email thingy that popped up the other day.

I notice that on renewal I'll be paying more for the same - and agreeing to a further increase in mere weeks.

I guess it might be time to part company unless PN can pull something out of the bag for a long time customer.

Just had a look and NOW Broadband are offering me - Superfibre + Anytime calls that includes mobiles for £24 a month. £0 setup and a fiver for posting out the router.

Plusnet have offered Unlimited Fibre Extra + Talk Anytime that DOESN'T include mobiles for £39.99 going forward then in a few weeks it'll increase by a minimum of an extra 4% but more likely 4.5% so £41.50 - £41.75 ish a month.

Even $ky are looking tempting at £45 for fibre, phone and a bit of $ky tv and Netflix...

Over to you Plusnet - I'm waiting.

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Could this be a parting of the ways after donkey's years??

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from My Account/Billing to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @pontyslapper

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the offer in your account review.

I'd recommend contacting our Customer Options Team to see if there's anything else they can offer.

They can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 and are open the following hours

• Monday to Friday- 9 am while 8 pm
  • Saturday - 9 am while 7 pm
  • Sunday - 9 am while 6 pm

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@pontyslapper  I had an account review email a couple of months before the end of my contract and was not impressed with the offer so I ignored it, expecting to have to haggle with retentions to get good deal. However about a month later I had another email with a much better offer, in Plusnet's words

Our best price - get the same great deal as new customers

Unlimited Fibre Extra broadband and line rental for just £24.99 a month. 12 month contract. Price changes apply.

I reckoned I would not be able to get that down by haggling so renewed my contract, I am now paying less than I was on the previous contract. I didn't want to leave Plusnet as the service has been fine, full 80/20 speeds, no billing problems ( I must be lucky). I still have about 6 months left on my Line rental saver so am now only paying a few pounds a month for the broadband.

So wait until you are near the end of your contract and see what they can offer you then.😊