cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone please take a look at my ticket, so this gets sorted!!

Moominfish
Grafter

Could someone please take a look at my ticket, so this gets sorted!!

Last reply was on Friday @ 1.14pm and I've replied twice since then, the ticket number is ID: 32746904
The reason I want a reply is because it said, BT have completed comprehensive remote diagnostics on your service and have been unable to locate any service faults. Due to this, BT are currently requesting an appointment for an engineer to attend and review the fault from your property.
And I don't think it's necessary for en engineer to come out when someone with a more severe problem could be dealt with instead.
Thank you.
PS) If you read this Mand, I sent you a pm  Cheesy
15 REPLIES 15
Mand
Grafter

Re: Could someone please take a look at my ticket, so this gets sorted!!

Hi there,
I may as well reply here instead of the PM. Wink
We can get your SNR reset (which would reset your profile and restart the 10 day training period), however we can usually only get away with doing this once, so it's important to ensure your connection is running as well as it can from your side.
We are still seeing a drop or two each day, and the engineer visit may fix that, but it may also be deemed acceptable for the service.
Moominfish
Grafter

Okay no probs Mand,
Thanks for getting back to me, yeah disregard the PM now lol Cheesy Wink :P, can you verify when the SNR has been reset please so I know when the 10 day training period has started again.
Would rebooting OR disconnecting/reconnecting once a day in the morning during the 10 day training period (once the SNR has been reset) have a negative effect on the end result final IP profile I'd end up with after the 10 day training period is over? I just want to make sure I get the highest available sync speed I can get out of my connection while not messing it up during the new 10 day training period.
If you can let me know I'd appreciate it because I heard rebooting or disconnecting/reconnecting once a day preferably in the morning shouldn't mess up the IP profile Smiley
Mand
Grafter

I can reset it now if you like?
Reconnecting once each morning is considered the best way to ensure you get the best speeds, without upsetting the exchange gremlins. Wink
Moominfish
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Yes if you could reset it now that'd be great, then I'll just reboot once each morning just to make sure I get the best speed I can get on my line which apparently should be as high as 7 meg with me not being too far from the exchange and I did reach that with my old ISP, so hopefully fingers crossed this time I'll get that.
Thank you Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Done. Wink
Moominfish
Grafter

Thank you Smiley
PS) You like your winks don't you lol  Cheesy Wink
Mand
Grafter

I like smileys, so much I have my own:  :mand:
Cheesy
Moominfish
Grafter

Lol, not sure I like that smiley (unless that's your bedroom smiley ;D) so dare I ask this question? Cheesy
How will I know it's in the training period now, will it say something in my account or will I just know when I reboot my router in the morning? It'll probs be around half 9, 10 o'clock time I reboot it anyway.
Smiley
Mand
Grafter

When you next reconnect and look at your router stats you'll see that the noise margin has changed.
Moominfish
Grafter

Ok,
Thanks Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

some of us have our own smilies for mand        but we have to be careful
Mand
Grafter

hehe thanks pierre_pierre Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

FAO Mand or any Plusnet staff member

HI,
After having my snr reset yesterday and B.T fixing a fault on my line my IP profile is now set at 5500 with B.T, see here,

So I'd really appreciate it if someone at Plusnet towers could put my Plusnet IP profile up to match it please as my Plusnet one currently sits at 4000 kbps.
I did reboot my router this morning because as mentioned here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85148.msg703337.html#msg703337 I said I'd be doing that once a day to make sure I got the best obtainable speed, so I'd appreciate if someone will please now update my Plusnet profile to match B.T's, and just to clarify the line is 100% stable.
Thank you.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: FAO Mand or any Plusnet staff member

Profiles now match at 5500. Only 1 drop showing on your line, I assume that was you rebooting the router this morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.