cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Plusnet attach my bill to an email each month?

FIXED
BeccaWJandS

Could Plusnet attach my bill to an email each month?

Hey, 

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have monthly bills sent to customers via email? At the moment I get an email telling me to log in to view my bill - but could the bill just be attached to that email instead? It would save me time and make passing things on to my accountant much easier, especially as I have multiple plusnet accounts. 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Could Plusnet attach my bill to an email each month?

Fix

Hi @BeccaWJandS 

A warm welcome to the forums.

This question has been raised before during the development of the new billing system.  Whilst on the surface this is eminently logical, it is deemed to be a GDPR security concern.

Whilst some organisations do send bills attached to emails, many more do not.  The rationale is that requiring the ACCOUNT HOLDER to access the account (to view their bill), delivers greater assurance that only the account holder can view the account details which are deemed personally identifiable data and therefore subject to GDPR protection.

The sending organisation cannot have the same assurance if the information is distributed by email.  They have no control over who can access your email.

There is a view that though thought to be 'convenient' those organisations sending bills via email are in fact the ones getting it wrong.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you read through this forum you will get a flavour of the problems that some customers are having with Plusnet's flaky billing system. If you are one of the fortunate ones for whom the billing system works, be it slightly inconveniently, my advice would be to rejoice and keep your head down in case Plusnet are inspired to develop another of their 'improvements'.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BeccaWJandS

Ah, that makes sense - thank you for explaining it!

BeccaWJandS

Duly noted!

DRG
Hooked

email is not a secure method of communication.

Put into something a non tech savvy old git like myself understands (my sons description and example to me):

-   "it's the equivalent of sending a postcard which anyone can read, as opposed to a letter which can only be read after its delivered and opened."

In other words they'd need more tech/software that can/will go wrong and costs money in order to encrypt it and/or give you a password to uncrypt.

Much easier for everyone and cheaper to keep it in your account to view.

That is if they ever bother fixing the bugs that stop it working...