cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued billing of former customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Continued billing of former customers

From looking through the 'My account/billing' board it looks like Plusnet are continuing to bill customers who have left. (See for example: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Another-one-being-billed-after-leaving/m-p/1474359#... ) This is in spite of the £880,000 fine Plusnet received from OFCOM only last year - a fine that was reduced by 20% because Plusnet had reported themselves for the problem.

The Guardian ( https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/22/plusnet-fined-charging-customers-ofcom-bt-broadband... ) reported that Plusnet claimed this was an 'isolated historical issue'. Might we be forgiven for thinking it was maybe not so isolated or historical? And have Plusnet reported themselves again, or is that something we should be recommending on these forums to those who report that they have been billed in spite of leaving?

After all, the following comment was quoted in the Guardian article linked above: “There can be no margin for error, and no excuses, when it comes to billing customers correctly,” said Lindsey Fussell, consumer group director at Ofcom. “This fine should serve as a reminder to telecoms companies that they must adhere to Ofcom’s billing rules at all times, or face the consequences.”

So, Plusnet, what's going on?

1 REPLY 1
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Continued billing of former customers

A spokeswoman for the ISP said: "We are very sorry and would like to apologise to the 1,025 customers affected. We reported this ourselves to Ofcom and made every effort to contact these customers to arrange a full refund before the investigation started.

"We would also like to reassure all customers this was an isolated historic issue and we have implemented a number of new robust measures to make sure this doesn't happen again."

Well it has happend again , PLUSNET need this new billing system ASAP before another fine , their Robust measures haven't worked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .