cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistently misinformed about line re-activation after house move

lumbino

Consistently misinformed about line re-activation after house move

Hi
I moved house a few weeks ago and have arranged for my line to be moved across to the new property. Spoke to a guy about 2 weeks ago who was pretty helpful and said that my activation date was 12/06 (today). He said that the phone line and the internet would be activated on that day, but the internet might come on an hour or 2 after the phone.
I called up again today to confirm this was the case and the lady on the other end,after putting me on hold for about 5 minutes, said that yes the phone and internet were due to be activated today but it might not happen until 6pm.
It got to 7pm and I had not received a text or email confirming that services were live, so I just called to make sure that it was actually happening. I am now informed that the phone line is due to be activated today (which coincidentally I could not care less about as I do not own a land line telephone) but I will not have internet access for another week?Huh
Obviously this isn't the end of the world but it would be nice to not have been lied to. I also booked a few days off work and organised a small LAN party at my house. Obviously that's not happening now.
Can somebody please confirm where I'm at in the activation process please since customer service reps give me a different answer every time I call. Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Consistently misinformed about line re-activation after house move

Hi there,
I'm really sorry for any confusion surrounding this.
I can see that ticket 86563685 has been updated regarding a go-live date for your broadband.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team