cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion on new order - change of number

dilonsdale

Confusion on new order - change of number

I ordered Home Phone and Fibre to Cabinet on the 22nd April and I received an email the same day confirming an engineer appointment on the 2nd May, I then received a further email to say the visit would be on the 8th May and that the transfer of my phone number would be on the 6th May, On the 26th April I received texts to say that my current provider had placed a stop on the line and that I needed to ring them urgently. I rang talk talk to be told they hadn't and that the stop was with Plus Net, I rang Plus Net who said No, it was talk talk, I rang talk talk again who re-iterated that it was Plus Net. I rang again and was assured it was all sorted but it was unusual to have an order to take over both the phone and the broadband but it was all in hand and that the engineer would be here on the 8th May. I took a days holiday to be at home but the engineer did not turn up. I rang Plus Net who apologised and explained that they had had to cancel the home number take over to process this on two different orders and their mistake they cancelled the broadband too. Another appointment was made for a visit on the 27th May but they had to order a temporary new number but not to worry they were taking over the number and I was offered a months free subscription.
Last night I discovered that my home number would not take incoming calls so I rang again and after half an hour on hold I spoke to a customer services guy who said he could see that there was a request to put my old number back and it should be Ok today. It isn't and today I was told that the person last night could not have checked as there was no trace of a take over only a new number, in fact I have been told today that the open reach service is down, there is nothing anybody can do and that I might not be able to have my home number back ! - I have been assured that the engineer will be here on Tuesday and that there will be a request for someone to phone me at some point to see if I can have my number back - any suggestions where I go from here? I do not want a new home phone number, I want mine that I have had for over 20 years !
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Confusion on new order - change of number

I think Ofcom regulations require 14 days notice for a telephone line takeover so for an order places on 22 Apr the earliest date would be 6 May. So advising 2 May seems odd in the first place.
However I think the Provisioning Team working with BT will need to sort the present situation out and hopefully recover your number. They should be back in work on Tuesday.
Hope it works out for you.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Confusion on new order - change of number

Hi dilonsdale,
Apologies to see the toing and froing you've had to do. I've placed the order myself to change your number to your previous one, it will take 9 days to complete though.
I can see the engineer is still scheduled today between 1pm-6pm to install you fibre.
I'll keep an eye on this for you until completion.