Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused when BB will go live - 7th or 8th

materialman
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Confused when BB will go live - 7th or 8th

I'm slightly confused as to exactly when my PN BB will go live. The email I have says 'Your service is due to go live on 08/08/2013. Your order could complete any time on this date, up to midnight.' This sounds like there is the whole day of 8th to midnight for this to happen.
The text message says 'Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 08/08/2013'. This looks more like all of the 7th upto midnight. In fact the latter is what CS said today on the phone - on 07/08/2013 upto midnight (in other words on the threshold of the start of the 8th).
The order tracker says 'Your broadband order should complete on 08th Aug 2013 - After 12pm'
Still confused  Undecided
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Confused when BB will go live - 7th or 8th

Hi there,
The order should complete on the 7th, the date is given as the 8th because it could complete any time up to midnight on the 7th. The account should activate automatically as soon as we get the order complete notification, but if it doesn't please pop a post on here or give our support team a call and we'll get it activated for you.
materialman
Rising Star

OK Matt thank you. I did see your reply earlier whilst out on the mobile, but couldn't remember password to reply from phone!
materialman
Rising Star

I waited all of 7th. O2 seems to have disconnected despite their router lights staying on. No internet only connection to o2 router. Told earlier during the 7th switch would be then.  Much later I was told switch by the end of 8th. So far a day with no internet and a possible whole other. Not pleased. Having to use phone on 3G.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Does your router sync with the exchange (I assume that's what you mean by router lights staying on)? If it does you could try giving the CSC a ring to ask them to activate your line.
David
materialman
Rising Star

I can log into the o2 router ok. Gives speed etc. Called PN CS they couldn't activate as date is down as 8th for that despite them recognising I was told 7th. Will pest PN til done.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'll take a look at that for you. Process is to check whether the order's complete and if so activate, if not (but the customer is in sync) then advise they'll be paying from the date of activation and also that we won't be able to raise any faults until the order is marked as complete. If the customer is happy with that then activate.
So, sorry about that - it'll be fed back. Having checked your account though it looks like the order has completed and everything is now activated automatically - hope it's all working?
materialman
Rising Star

Yes it is now activated and fine. Looks like it happened in the small hours this morning. I connected plusnet router, waited the necessary time (don't recall needing to do that with o2 - just a matter of when all the lights turned green). Anyway!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm. Did you have to put your username and password into the O2 router manually instead?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If it was O2 LLU then no username/pass required http://www.o2user.co.uk/forum/o2-broadband-tutorial-section/673-how-use-your-own-router-o2-broadband...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

materialman
Rising Star

O2 routers didn't used to need username and password, but about 2 or 3 years ago they increased security to need info similar to Plusnet routers. There is another 'SuperUser' username to get stats and do other stuff.