cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting info from Plusnet re tomorrow's broadband migration

JayH
Dabbler

Conflicting info from Plusnet re tomorrow's broadband migration

I'd appreciate some guidance from Plusnet about what will happen tomorrow when my new Plusnet broadband service is due to start. Briefly, I've been with BT's FTTC broadband service for over two years, and I'm now returning to Plusnet. This was due to be on Wednesday 23 April, this has now slipped to Friday 25 April.
I've had conflicting messages about whether I have to be at home tomorrow for the installation, the following ticket number refers:
Question # 83689285
Monday 14 April - your message says engineer visit not required as you already have service
Wednesday 23 April - your message engineer visit required on Friday AM to install fibre equipment, £50 charge for missed appt.

I've rasied a new ticket to ask about this but according to your website the average response time is 43 hours, so I won't know in time.
Please clarify if I need to be at home for an engineer visit.
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Conflicting info from Plusnet re tomorrow's broadband migration

Hi JayH,
I'm very sorry for the conflicting information provided to you.
I have updated Ticket: 83689285 explaining that you do not have to be in the property tomorrow as the engineer will carry out external work only.
I'm sorry for any confusion and inconvenience caused by this.
JayH
Dabbler

Great, many thanks for the quick response Linn  Smiley
One minor thing on the subject of communications: last week I had a text saying the service would become "active by midnight on 24/04/2014". I wasn't sure if this meant midnight Wed/Thu or Thu/Fri.
It might be better in future to say something like "active by 23:59 on xxx", then there's no ambiguity. My car insurance policy does this, and it's crystal clear what date/time is intended.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ensure it's passed on Smiley
Let us know if there's anything we can assist with in the future. Hope to see you around the Forums some more!