Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints - are they ever dealt with?

FIXED
WasJohn
Grafter

Complaints - are they ever dealt with?

I lodged a formal complaint some seven days ago. Having read that these matters are required to be dealt dealt with in five days all I can see is that someone at Plusnet says that they spoke to my voicemail about an offer previously made to me.

1. I don't have any voice mail.

2. No offer has ever been made

3.  No one has got back to me

My last phone call to support elicited that that the guys don't have a manager with whom I can converse.

Is this par for the course?

13 REPLIES 13
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Complaints - are they ever dealt with?

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Everything Else to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @WasJohn,

I'm very sorry to hear of the poor experience that you have had in regards to this complaint. I've checked your account and I am disappointed to see that this has not been dealt with in the way that we would expect.

I have sent your details over to our complaints team and have made them aware of what has happened and have asked them to get somebody else to pick this up as soon as possible and contact you to discuss your complaint. As it is after 5.30pm, this may not be until tomorrow I'm afraid.

I've passed on feedback in regards to the way that this has been handled so far and we will be investigating this further internally to determine what went wrong here.

Sorry again for the poor experience that you have had here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
WasJohn
Grafter

Thanks so much. It's a good thing it's after 5.30 because I'm still spitting but I thought that somewhere in Plusnet there would be someone who understood even if they don't agree with me ! Many thanks again.

Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I referred an very elderly and disabled relative to Plusnet services recently and her connection date was a total disaster and she was left with no landline phone and no internet at all from 25th May to 31st May. She relies heavily on her landline as she only has a PAYG mobile phone. During the time she had no landline she had to top up her mobile by an extra £30 as she was in bed quite ill over that period. I've asked for compensation on her behalf but it appears all Plusnet is prepared to give her is £8.60 refund for the days she had no services. I'm very disappointed in Plusnet about this - not up to your usual standards of service at all.

Sad

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Debs947,

I'm really sorry to hear about your relatives experience. We don't cover costs customers choose to make when without service during faults, delays or loss of service I'm afraid although as you're aware we do refund for downtime.

On some occasions we do offer goodwill gestures and by all means if you private message me the username for their account I'm happy to check over for the cause of this downtime and if anything could have been done swifter or with more accuracy our side that may have caused this 6 day loss of service I'll be happy to offer a goodwill gesture.

Thank you.

Debs947
Dabbler

Thanks, can you explain to me please how I private message you?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If you click here you should be able to send Ollie a private message.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Debs947
Dabbler

Many thanks, message sent. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers. He'll pick it up as soon as he can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Debs947 wrote:

Thanks, can you explain to me please how I private message you?

In general to PM any individual, click on their name (to the left of their post) to see their profile and from there click the Send Private Message button.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Debs, 

I have responded on the account you have raised and to your PM.

Thank you.

WasJohn
Grafter

I think that I was too hasty in thanking you because 24 hours later I still haven't heard a thing except that another complaint about having my phone disconnected by the BT engineer will apparently take 8 days for them to resolve.

Why did I move over to Plusnet?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @WasJohn,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have not heard back about your complaint. This is extremely disappointing as I had been assured that you would be contacted by this team as soon as possible today.

I have flagged this to my manager and she is going to try and get this looked into this evening for you and will ask that both complaints are looked into.

Sorry that you haven't heard anything back today and for any inconvenience that this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team