Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint to BTO

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Complaint to BTO

How can you make a formal complaint to Openreach that will do some good?
33 REPLIES 33
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Complaint to BTO

We can do that for you. I appreciate that you want this done so that your particular problem can be resolved sooner, but that is unlikely to work. We tend to raise a complaint after the event when we have all the facts about what has gone wrong/right.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

A formal complaint needs to be lodged including a copy to OFCOM. If complaints are not make BTO will continue to get away with poor service,
AlaricAdair
Champion

In the event you need to raise a complaint be sure to keep contemporaneous notes of what was said during conversations and establish a clear timeline of emails/letters. Give the official routes a chance to deal with the problem. Keep calm and never be rude/aggressive with individual representatives, this doesn't mean you can't be firm! I've found PlusNet to be generally helpful/efficient, but OpenReach are by telecomms regulation not accessible to the public. If the matter is very serious try writing for "the personal attention of" the chief executive and address them by name.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
warbleeder
Grafter

good luck with this... as i wanted to make a complaint against BOR awhile back and plus net told me its pointless doing so as most complaints dont get passed on
(basically they sit in a folder at plusnet)
BOR are just money grabbers with cowboys running it
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Make a formal complaint to OFCOM and don't let them fob you off. Tell them to register your complaint and ask for a reference number.
warbleeder
Grafter

yea do it via ofcom instead ... id personally by pass plusnet when it comes to BTO
Cruise85
Grafter

Depending on the reason for the complaint, on many occasions OFCOM will send the complaint through to the service provider rather than the supplier, so in this case we would receive the complaint rather than Openreach. It can be a little frustrating I know, as in most of these cases, there was little that Plusnet could have done.
As Tony stated previously though, we can raise a complaint to our suppliers on your behalf
Anotherone
Champion

Matt, the point is that the poor Openreach performance is logged with OFCOM. It's something they can't ignore in future assessments of Openreach's performance. Quite honestly, I would have thought with the history of this episode, Plusnet would have already have raised a complaint and had the matter escalated Shocked
warbleeder
Grafter

wouldnt you think with this kind of issue plusnet would tell the E/U to go via ofcom to get it officially logged?
i mean comon ive had plenty of plusnet staff agree with me that openreach are one hell of a joke but yet when it comes to complaining about them plusnet seem to take a seat back and twiggle their thumbs.....
and gll good luck luck mate it took BTO 5 months to fix a fault i had on a old line and it turned out to be a fault at the exchange ... during that time all i was been told is (we can not find a fault on ur line)
dick:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

One would hope that the matter of wide spread BTOR failure towards PlusNET customers (not just this mess) is an issue which PlusNet's CEO was discussing on a weekly basis with the CEO of BTOR, after all BT believe "talking together is good"... or do peer BT CEOs not discuss mutual issues / failings less they become future BT career limiting?
If a PN customer's complaints to Ofcom over BTOR performance gets routed back to PlusNET, then PlusNet's immediate response back to Ofcom should be a complaint about BTOR's performance on behalf of their customer.  Someone has to start holding BTOR's and Ofcom's collective feet to the fire - until they squeal!  Neither are fit for purpose.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glloyd
Rising Star

You used to be able to email PlusNet CEO and he would get things moving now they sit in their ivory towers with no clues what's happening on the ground. There should be an avenue for end users to complain directly to BTO and get a rapid response.
jim:quote
G3WYP
Rising Star

Afternoon All
I have used this website in the past and found it very useful, PlusNet is on it.
http://ceoemail.com/
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks for that, I've sent an email to BTO CEO to see if he will do anything. Watch this space. Something else that has just struck me isn't BTO supposed to pay compensation for unnecessary delays in repairs?
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, to Plusner IIRC, so you claim off Plusnet.