cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaining of unstable internet for Months and fobed off

abundantcores

Complaining of unstable internet for Months and fobed off

I have been with you for 2 years, at the beginning of my contract i had connection issues, a BT engineer was sent out who identified a damaged cable outside my house, it was fixed.
6 months later the same issues started to happen again, but very intermittent, about every couple of months i get constant disconnects of my Broadband, in the last 3 months its got really bad, i reported to the problem to plusnet  whose first reaction was to switch my line to some sort of test mode which cut my broadband speed by about 60%, after about a week of this i was sent a report detailing significant amounts of drop-outs on a graph, at one point there were about 40 in 2 hours, an accompanied email with the graph said there was no problem with my internet, what?
I wrote back pointing out the constant disconnects in the graphs they sent me, i got no response to that email.
It did eventually stabilise again for a few weeks, but now for the past week its been worse than ever, i can't play online games, can;'t talk to people in Skype as it kicks me off every 5 minutes, there is also static and crackling on my line, again.
I am sick of this, will you just come out and fix this or not?
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Complaining of unstable internet for Months and fobed off

Quote from: abundantcores
I wrote back pointing out the constant disconnects in the graphs they sent me, i got no response to that email.

If you wrote back by email it will have gone in to a black hole: Plusnet do not monitor the mailboxes for the email addresses used to send messages. You must add the details on to the fault ticket. If you have an open ticket you can find it at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search. If you have no open ticket they are not looking at your issue at all and you need to raise a fault using the broadband troubleshooter: http://faults.plus.net (it will begin by getting you to confirm your user name and password).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

As you said there is noise on the phone line, I would log it as a PHONE fault.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Good point.
@abundantcores
Is your phone rental with Plusnet or someone else?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is dropping out a lot.
As the other replies have suggested, the noise on the phone line is likely to be the cause of the problems with the broadband. Is your phone plugged in to the master socket?
I'd suggest reporting this to us here: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
abundantcores

It is plugged into the master socket, that socket was replaced with a new one the last time this happened, i have tried different filters and cables....
I will phone up tomorrow, my house has Cable, i'm thinking of switching to fibre, not just because of problems with this BT line but also because the faster upload speed suits me better.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Why not click on the phone troubleshooter link Chris provided, then click the "noisy line" link followed by the Troubleshooter link in the message box that opens? This will get a line test run which is needed for diagnostics.
David
abundantcores

Quote from: spraxyt
Why not click on the phone troubleshooter link Chris provided, then click the "noisy line" link followed by the Troubleshooter link in the message box that opens? This will get a line test run which is needed for diagnostics.

I submitted "nosy line" and ran the phone line test, it came back "We haven't found any problems with your phone line" despite my internet disconnecting mid way through the test, like, lol..... eh.  Embarrassed
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

From looking over your account it seems that the broadband fault checker was started and then closed off.
If the noise is there on the phone when you're plugged into the master socket, without the router plugged in then we need to investigate the phone fault to clear the noise.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.