Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with Plusnet

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Communicating with Plusnet

Haha, yeah that would be funny.. and that's how I used to do it when I worked for an agency! When I worked in the world of corporate web development, a look over the shoulder was what passed as a peer review. It's not the same here (thankfully).

It's a lot more high-tech here and we use a system for it Wink

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Personally I do not believe PN support will get any better 😳
Over the years I have been here I have seen many posts by PN saying give us time and we Wil get there.
And where are we ? Still in the same situation, but with more customers trying to contact CS .
Nowt will change until them upstairs realize quantity is no good unless you have quality support.
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@jaread83 wrote:

As an aside:

If Plusnet Chat is showing up as 'not available' and you are within the opening times, it's because your browser has blocked the Chat facility. To fix it you must ensure that you allow Google Tag Manager and LivePerson in your adblock software or whitelist www.plus.net in the settings for your adblocker.

If you use Ghostery, these show up as the following:

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 14.23.32.png

While testing, we found Adblock Plus works fine but uBlock and Ghostery adblocking completely disables the Chat functionality due to blocking the above.

A fix has been put in place that will let you know if your browser is blocking chat (will appear within the next couple of weeks).

Which is exactly what I have been saying for months...  and it takes THIS LONG, to actually get that message put on to the Live Chat button?????

Does the message actually list the items that should be "unblocked" from the Adblocker...?

or do customers still have to blunder about in the dark, to work it out for themselves... ( many of whom haven`t a clue how adblockers actually work, or what they work on/against)..  All they know, is, they don`t get advertising flash messages... if they use an adblocker... which does not relate, in any form, to not being able to use a Live Chat facility...

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@shutter wrote:

I did start a thread about the terrible waiting times on the phones way back in 2009  ( i think )... and @Chris kept on assuring me, ( and other users via the forum ) that when the Leeds office was opened, and the new staff trained up, then waiting times would come down.... in his own words.... " Give us time and we`ll get there"... 

I remember it well @shutter - it would have been a year or so after I joined PN in '08.

That jam tomorrow is taking an awful long time!  Sad

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, just checked out the linky...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

and the date on it is EXACTLY 7 years ago.. (plus a couple of days)   7 November 2009... 

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There are two stages for this change.

1 - as a matter of getting this done so we can look at the next step, the message that will appear will simply let you know that your browser adblocker has blocked chat and to disable adblocking to get chat working.

2 - In the next step (currently in progress) a link should be provided that has details about steps to take to ensure chat isn't blocked in the future and what to enable in your adblocker. This part is being worked on and is not ready for implementation.

I have been insisting on getting at least the first step implemented as a matter of urgency, the second step will come at a later date when it has been fleshed out a bit to add an article to the help and support site.

I was expecting more of a 'thanks' than being jumped on to be perfectly honest Buck2

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

shutter
Community Veteran

@jaread83..... OK... Thanks for taking so long to implement such a simple act, to ensure the PlusNet customers are being done... ( proud ) . Roll_eyes

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I would be interested in a responce from PN staff as to why ,,, even after 7 years they still using a same excuse ?

Give us time we will get there Funny

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
LarkAscending
Dabbler

Thank you. My Kaspersky does not block this as far as I can see. 

Anon
Pro

If the new wording says what is said on here, but does not give some clue as to how to do any of them, then people will be as lost as I am.

Can someone also tell me why I had a live chat on another site but cannot on PN, just another bit of poor quality kit from PN for customers is my guess. Still they do do us proud ly bad.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
shutter
Community Veteran

@jaread83 OK... two weeks on...and still no progress....

How long does it take to change a bit of programming, ?   this is ridiculous... 

as with all of the "customer problems".... this should have been fixed... PROPERLY... months ago... and two weeks ago you said, it was being treated as a matter of urgency...   HUH ? 

No wonder people are complaining about poor customer service...  I feel sorry for them... as I know how frustrating it was for me.... and how long it took for me to find the secret key to unlocking the Live Chat..

here is an up to date complaint... 

You really should be addressing these things more pro-actively, rather than just posting platitudes about how the "process" works at your end.... As anon, in this thread points out.... you need to be more informative as to HOW to clear the adblockers...etc...  if not on the actual "live chat is not available"  "check your adblockers"... then to a linky on a "how to, and what to look for"... for the non computer minded users... i.e. back to basics...with basic instructions. 

it is how the process works at the customer end that should be the priority...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Going-round-and-round-the-bend/m-p/1388648#U1388648

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The release cut was taken the other day and now you will see a notification on that chat modules if you are blocking the scripts needed to run chat. I don't have any control over when releases are done but that is besides the points - this work is now on the live site and done.

Thanks

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

The message is, indeed, there: Thank you

shutter
Community Veteran

@jaread83 Thanks for the update....Wink

22over7
Rising Star

Not all ad-blocking is by a browser plugin.

So, which of the following do I need to comment out in my /etc/hosts for live chat to work?

0.0.0.0 sr2.liveperson.net
0.0.0.0 wizard.liveperson.com
0.0.0.0 www.liveperson.com
0.0.0.0 liveperson.net
0.0.0.0 lptag.liveperson.net
# 0.0.0.0 sales.liveperson.net #[affects Live Chat]
0.0.0.0 sec1.liveperson.net
0.0.0.0 server.iad.liveperson.net
0.0.0.0 myap.liveperson.com
0.0.0.0 ehg-liveperson.hitbox.com
0.0.0.0 www.googletagmanager.com

I'm guessing at least the last, though there's no way I'll comment-out that one permanently.