cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closure of Madasafish mail and hosting.

pinemobile

Closure of Madasafish mail and hosting.

I have Madasafish / Freenetname mail and hosting account, which I notice by chance will be closing in mid December.
I also have a Plusnet phone / broadband / mail so I searched for online advise to make certain of whats happening in the transition... e.g. worried about loss of  existing email archive etc.
Tried online chat with plusnet they gave me number to call ( the published number on forums etc.  is dead ) Told me the recorded message of 30 minute queue was incorrect it is really 5 minutes... wrong it took 35 minutes.
Was told that webmail will automatically transfer with no alteration to login and password but couldn't tell me if the web hosting would continue.
Took another 20 mins to be transferred and then told that this was also transferred without alterations to the existing ftp, login, passwords etc.
45 + minutes on the phone for no real reason? Asked them to publish this for anyone else in this position
4 REPLIES 4
kbturner
Grafter

Re: Closure of Madasafish mail and hosting.

Quote from: pinemobile
I have Madasafish / Freenetname mail and hosting account, which I notice by chance will be closing in mid December.

Is this a Madasafish JustMail account?  If so, we are in the same boat, and I have seen assurances elsewhere that these accounts will not be affected by the closure in December
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
Firstly let me assure you that you can still keep your email address, any domains and webspace associated with that. This will remain on your MAAF mail account. The closure of services is relating to the broadband and phone services, not your email service. I hope this helps.  Smiley
folkphotos

I was told on a Madasafish support ticket that there would be an additional charge of £1.69 per month to retain email and hosting.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Yet more questions from confused  customers. Different people at Plusnet providing ad hoc answers and not always the same answers. Sometimes answers are incomplete.
For example
Quote from: MelRocks
Firstly let me assure you that you can still keep your email address, any domains and webspace associated with that. This will remain on your MAAF mail account.

MAAF supported .org.uk domain names.  I have been told by Plusnet that .org.uk domains can be held by Plusnet only for Business accounts.
In the past when there have been major changes an FAQ has been provided and updated so everyone gets the same consistent, accurate and complete  information.
The best that we have had so far is a belated attempt by _Adam_Walker_  to begin one close to the tail end of a long thread that has disappeared on to the second page of this forum.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143839.0.html
Around one month to go before MadAsaFish closes and letters only recently sent out.  A disaster waiting to happen. Is it any wonder that the phone lines are busy when customers phone for support?