Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear statement needed as to what is included in the mail only package

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Clear statement needed as to what is included in the mail only package

Given the possibility that some of us longer standing members may be leaving because of the forthcoming price rises can I ask for a clear statement in relation to the above package as described here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

When an account is closed, access to all account features provided by Plusnet will be removed. This includes email, hosted webspace and Member Centre access (including discussion forums and access to the Help Assistant Ticketing system).

It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20.28 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some Member Centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.

Specificaly

Is it true that the only way to keep referrals is to take this option

As well as email is the standard webspace retained

For those members who have an extra free domain - from when there was a major webmail leak - is the domain retained including hosting. If this isn't the case are there any special provisions for migrating it to another hosting company

What member centre features are retained

What is the procedure for requesting this when migrating under the gaining supplier led system

Finally - don't you think that this document should have been updated years ago as Discussion Forum access hasn't been conditional on staying with Plusnet for many years

3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Re: Clear statement needed as to what is included in the mail only package

As this is a follow on from https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/What-is-the-official-policy-on-retaining-email-after-... where the options were never very clear I have bumped this for a clear statement from Plusnet

Oldjim
Resting Legend

As raising a ticket didn't get anywhere I tried Chat and this is the result

Jim: Can you please advise whether the webspace and hosting would be retained if the account is downgraded to an email only account as described here under Cease of Service https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/ "It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20.28 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some Member Centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation."
[CSA Removed]:
Ok, so first lets clear you on DPA

[CSA Removed]: Your account username please
Jim: ******
[CSA Removed]:
and first and last character of your password

Jim: **
[CSA Removed]:
and its James i'm speaking with

[CSA Removed]:
I can confirm that when you downgrade to the "mail only" account you will retain your domains and plusnet email.
Now why it was so difficult for staff to answer that  on here

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

But Jim, that response did not answer the web hosting question.  It just said that the DOMAINS (by which I take that to mean managing yourdomain.tld DNS and / or MX routing.

Retaining your web space (standard and cgi) could be a different matter.

OT: I share your disappointment about the lack of responses around here from the PlusNet team.  I am sure that they are all working hard, but as many of we old lags have been saying for 2+ years, there are just not enough good folk in Team PlusNet.

@PlusnetLiam promised us that the new swanky forum would produce all of the stats needed to show that more staff are required - indeed that was a key decision factor in choosing this technology stack.  So where are all of these stats and what do the tell Plusnet?  Probably the same as we told them 2 years back - you need more staff.  @LouisaMartin informed me a month or two back that resources where being reviewed - not heard anything since, indeed not had any responses to PMs on the feel of the forum ... which is why I am spending a lot less time here.

I hope that it is not the case that management have backed off focus on the forums whilst staff have been diverted to resolve other fires, leaving it to other customers to deliver forum support?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.