cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity of download sites

andyhewitt
Grafter

Clarity of download sites

I would like to suggest that you clarify better the download sites that are 'slowed down' at peak times.
Before I signed up to PN, I was aware that such a policy existed, but unaware as to the extent. The list of servers does nothing to tell even a relatively experienced user what they really mean. Of course I'd made some assumptions myself, and was not expecting sites such as iTunes Store, and official OS update sites to be included, but rather such things as P2P and sites where general software is being downloaded from (dare I suggest even illegal software downloads).
I don't have a great problem with this as such, and wouldn't want to argue against shaping at busy times. However, the list of download sites isn't particularly informative, unless you happen to know what they are used for. Could you perhaps add information that shows what downloads are served from each site, such as iTunes, MS Updates, Apple Updates, Last.fm, etc. It would definitely help if we're trying to decide whether we have a fault or not.
Cheers.