Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification PLEASE on LRS & 30 day notice

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Clarification PLEASE on LRS & 30 day notice

OK those of us on LRS which does NOT expire before 2nd Sept.
We have 30 days on receipt of the email to say we plan to leave then 14 days to leave.
But if we leave early then we LOOSE MONEY as LRS in NON REFUNDABLE.
So can we phone during the 30 day period and say we are leaving when our LRS expires and NOT be subject to cancellation fees?
I.E. Phone within the 30 day notice but leave MONTHS later without being charged?
24 REPLIES 24
Empirical
Grafter

Re: Clarification PLEASE on LRS & 30 day notice

I thought the answer was as clear can be: no you cannot avoid early termination charges by phoning now and leaving months later.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I'm sorry are YOU a member of PN staff? Are you talking FOR them?
I am asking a STAFF member to clarify this.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes i would also like to know the answer to this as well, PN have supposedly been chasing this up since last Tuesday, after a couple of reminders in the other thread , still no update from PN .
It seems to be getting more and more familiar with PN, you ask a question,and constantly have to remind them, in order  to get an answer.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Empirical
Grafter

I'm sorry are YOU a member of PN staff?

No, but I speak English which is more than sufficient to help interpret this statement for you:
"Unfortunately, it's strictly 30 days upon receipt of the email, even if LRS is in play. ". It means no.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141236.msg1248180.html#msg1248180
(Link provided for I.T)
Glad to be of service.  Grin
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Quote from: Hairy
I'm sorry are YOU a member of PN staff?
I am asking a STAFF member to clarify this.

Quote from: Empirical
No, but I speak English which is more than sufficient to help interpret this statement for you:

You claim not to be yet you clearly WANT to speak for them. UNLESS YOU ARE A STAFF MEMBER PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AGAIN.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The cancellation period is 14 days from when you request cancellation, which needs to be within 30 days of receiving the email.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Estragon
Rising Star

I think there is mileage in this post by the OP, and my reply. He seems to have bought an 18-month bundle and chosen to pay the 12-month LRS part of that.
Which leaves him at the end of 12 months in a mess. He moves his phone and his broadband price rises by £2.50pm. Or he leaves completely and gets an early termination charge on both the broadband and the outstanding 6 months of line rental.
I wouldn't be too pleased if I were in that situation. It isn't really covered by the Ofcom guidance, as that was brought in before 18-month contracts existed, never mind ones that run concurrently for the first 12 months then part of one expires. I believe he has a case, just hadn't made it clear until the linked post.
Edit - Even if he joined on a bundle before the line rental contract became the same length as the associated broadband one, he is in the same position vis-à-vis the £2.50pm broadband increase, but avoids the 6 months of line rental termination fees.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Fine Chris, complaint raised in the ticket area.
Empirical
Grafter

Quote from: Hairy
DO NOT RESPOND AGAIN.

OK.
Estragon
Rising Star

@HairyBiker
I suggest that if my explanation in this thread of your contractual position is correct you use a similar sort of description. It was only your post in the other thread that made me understand. Nowhere else is the complication of the overlapping contract and non-matching expiry dates, with the price or early termination fees brought up by you.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
can all parties please wind your necks in. thank you.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion

Sounds like another case for a chat with OFCOM.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The only fair thing to do would be to assume that LRS hadn't been taken out, i.e. calculate the normal monthly charge multiplied  months that the LRS has running and deduct that from the LRS fee - that should be the refund.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Estragon
Rising Star

I used to think that, (I think I posted it recently in one of the many threads), but as LRS is a fixed price contract and it is Plusnet who have caused the break, I've changed my mind. It should be pro-rata.