cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clairvoyant metering?

Minothor

Clairvoyant metering?

Could I just query how I've just recieved an email stating that my service has been active for 14 days and has been measured at 78mbps?
I'm very impressed and a little perplexed as to how this measurement was made since the BT engineer is due to install the connection in the 13:00 to 18:00 window this afternoon?
I am however, pleased that I've had comfirmation that the first month will be refunded due to the delay (chased it up last week, when the notice of the second bill was incoming), but I would like Plusnet to not pretend that I have internet access when I don't.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Clairvoyant metering?

Could I just query how I've just recieved an email stating that my service has been active for 14 days and has been measured at 78mbps?
That email is sent by an 'automated' system. Nothing told it about the delay in provisioning your service Roll_eyes The 78Mbps is just the default speed and will not have adjusted itself to the 'real' achieved speed since your service isn't active yet!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Minothor,
A warm welcome to the forums.  What he said +1,
When orders go wrong the automated processes can get ahead of themselves around here.  "Given time" they "are being worked on" and "are in test" and "should be released soon" but PlusNET "cannot give dates out at present" and "there is nothing more to add at the moment".
I suspect that the systems are not overly resilient to all the things which can go wrong with BTOR during the order process.  However once those issues are resolved, things tend to be much better.  Hope all goes well with your install later today.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Minothor,
Welcome to the forums! Sorry for any confusion caused by the automated system notification, I've just checked your order and it looks like the appointment is still committed for today, I hope it all goes well
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet