cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chesterfield Derbyshire – No Internet connection or Phone

GW

Chesterfield Derbyshire – No Internet connection or Phone

We have had no Phone or Internet Connection since 21 of Jan 2015.
I understand you get issues from time to time. But what annoys me is the lack of response or help. Plus text message that say we are going to charge you £50 because it’s an internal fault. WHAT…. The whole neighbourhood is experiencing problems. Not very good. Disappointed about the response and help.
Last up date was the 6th it’s now the 10th FEB – I am only a SINGLE customer. Once this is fixed I am off to talk to other providers.
Not Happy - in Chesterfield Derbyshire.  Cry
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Chesterfield Derbyshire – No Internet connection or Phone

I'm sorry to hear your phone is still down.
Our suppliers advised that there was underground cable that was faulty however that's now been fixed and our testing isn't showing any issues.
We'd need to arrange a engineer to investigate further however your fault isn't in the right state to book one.
I'll keep a eye on this for you and I'll be in touch.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Chesterfield Derbyshire – No Internet connection or Phone

GW,
Sorry to hear of your extended phone service outage due to BT Openreach cable faults.  Note that all communication providers (not just PlusNET) will have been affected by this issue in your location, so changing providers simply will not help you beyond giving you some sense that you've been able to punish someone for the service failure.
Sadly from time to time these wide scale outages do occur due to cable theft, JCB damage or as happened to myself last year, a boat anchor snagging an underwater cable.
As for the reference to the risk of a £50 charge, that is the standard BT Openreach caution warning that if they find the fault is within your property / equipment / extension wiring THEY will levy a £50 EU equipment fault charge.  Given the history of your issue, I would not anticipate the issue being internal, rather an unresolved ancillary issue.
Some 8 or so years ago (before I was paying PN for phone services) a length of cable was stolen, after this was replaced, I ended up with the phone line for the pub in the next village.  Fixing that issue had to wait for the cable replacement problem to be "cleared" by BT before BT could register, treat it as a separate issue and then attend to it, rather than treating it as their bodge-up on the original fault.
Sadly you can only shout at PlusNET for theses BT Openreach failings.  I am sure that if BT Openreach could / had to field end user complaints directly their performance would be far better than it is today.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.